Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did O2 cancel an upgrade

Lrsred
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, My O2 contract is up on July 27th, I have been getting messages for early upgrades for a while. I got a much much offer from a 3rd party phone provider, still on O2 network, but O2 declined the contract. Any suggestions why? (I cannot see any contact numbers for O2 to speak to someone). The third party said contract upgrades normally ok within 45 days of end of contract
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124315 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Lrsred 

We have no access to your account so would have no idea why your upgrade was refused. All contact numbers for O2 are in this guide. I would call them Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Edited to add, if upgrading from a 3rd party, you have to wait until the end of your contract date. My Grandson was with CPW and he was in exactly the same position as yourself. Contract ended May 25th and then his upgrade was allowed. This could be the reason, although you should check for yourself.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Lrsred just checking if you had this sorted out or are you still having trouble?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 7

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
You cant upgrade your contract with a 3rd party any more so it sounds like you took out a new contract and may have failed a credit check. I would suggest calling the 3rd party for clarification.
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 124315 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@bigdavie88 

As I understand it, you can still upgrade with Mobile Phones Direct (with O2, as shown here)

https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/upgrade-deals 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Im pretty sure they go through as new contracts but I could be wrong as my knowledge with o2 outdated. I will bow to your wisdom lol.
Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10689 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3104 Solutions
@Lrsred

Where you within the final 30 days of your airtime plan and Device plan or did you pay them off.

Who where you trying to do the upgrade with??
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7