Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant i pay off my contract early?

cowlers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 rep has just informed me (when I called requesting a PAC) that I cannot leave O2 until my minimum term ends in September.  I offered to pay the remaining months fees/tarriff.  But wont let me pay off the contract, but can upgrade for less than the remaining fees!

Told me I couldn't get a PAC code until the end of my contract, but have recieved my PAC via text a minute later.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cowlers you can cancel at any time you like but there as you know may be termination fees such as paying off the device plan. The rep is misinformed & you can get your pac anytime you want but can only use it within 30 days of receiving it 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cowlers you can cancel at any time you like but there as you know may be termination fees such as paying off the device plan. The rep is misinformed & you can get your pac anytime you want but can only use it within 30 days of receiving it 

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Must be a YTS you spoke to. Call again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Don’t bother calling and just use the new system to request a PAC

Full details at https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/td-p/1234852

If it doesn’t work now it will work by Monday. It should also tell you how much your early termination will be when you request a PAC

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davethorp wrote:

Full details at https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/td-p/1234852

If it doesn’t work now it will work by Monday. It should also tell you how much your early termination will be when you request a PAC

The OP has received the text 

Message 6 of 8

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@davethorp wrote:

The OP has received the text 

So they have 😂

Just use the PAC then. No need to call CS again. The rep is wrong

If the OP wants info on what the charge for terminating will be they can text INFO to 85075 (might only work from Monday)

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions