cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant I pay via internet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet again I have tried to pay my mobile phone bill via internet and yeat again am unable too!

The first month it went through ok, but the last twice I have had to pay it over the phone.

I put in all the correct information, click make payment and ....NOTHING!  Click the button that says if nothing happens in 10 seconds click on Submit, do this and guess what? NOTHING!

When i try and contact an advisor, because I am not that quick on computer tech, they think I am not replying when I am struggling to get my computer to work.

I will say that I was happy recieving paper bills until they said they were charging £1.50 per bill.

Anyway that's my rant over.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Here are some other wayys to pay which may help you now

Via MyO2 or Call 2729 from your mobile or ring or 0800 588 4217 from a landline and enter the mobile number you wish to pay.
Automated payment line. Call either 0844 8090202 or 202 from your O2 mobile and choose option 1.3

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not really as I have set up a direct debit for mine. It always goes through on time...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Here are some other wayys to pay which may help you now

Via MyO2 or Call 2729 from your mobile or ring or 0800 588 4217 from a landline and enter the mobile number you wish to pay.
Automated payment line. Call either 0844 8090202 or 202 from your O2 mobile and choose option 1.3

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

As @Cleoriff says, Direct Debit always goes through on time. If you set one up, there will be no need for you to rant. Do you have some aversion to it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Direct debit for me too wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I do pay some of my bills by direct debit and NO I don't have an aversion to paying by that!

Message 6 of 18

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Direct derbits save all the hassle of trying to make sense of the O2 website. With my memory it's easy to overlook payments so it's the best option for me.

Message 7 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I do pay some of my bills by direct debit and NO I don't have an aversion to paying by that!

Well that obviously got your attention, but you need to know that it wasn't intended to offend. If you pay some bills by direct debit, it would be in your best interest to pay your O2 bill that way. O2 don't take any prisoners when it comes to payments not being made on time, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to lose your service because you had forgotten to pay your bill promptly. Apart from losing your phone service, you'd have to pay a reconnection fee. You'd also run the risk of a negative mark being put on your credit rating, which is hard to remove. Your best option as far as your O2 bill goes is to set up a direct debit.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Totally agree with @Bambino  For me personally I do everything I can via direct debit. Life is too short to worry about paying bills every month.

A pity my son doesn't feel the same way....twice in past 6 months his broadband has been cut off.....his excuse is there is something more important and then he forgets.....Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem with payment via internet, when you select the card type then go to the payment button nothing appends its so frustrighting but that’s o2 for you. I made a payment last year over the phone for the phone hand set and they only paid the £250 off my contract so i was in credit then i had to get refunded witch took 10 days to go back in my account in the end i just did not pay the £250 as did not want to go thought it all again. I am so fed-up with 02 i don’t even no why i stared new contract i just want to pay the hand set off and get out i have 23 mouths left with not 4g and extra cost popping up on top of my mounty contract of £28 it’s not on. Good for me that there is a shop in Exeter high street that buy out contracts and the best part is that the service provider is EE and EE have 4G every were not just London. my boss is with EE and he had internet in lyme regis where we were working and with my o2 i could not even get 3G all day what a joke this is not the only place i don’t get 3G as i work all over its not on when you pay for a service and don’t get it half the time. im done now as you can probably tell im not happy sorry to go on but you got me going.

Message 10 of 18