cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can i get cheaper third party o2 deals

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contracts due for renewal next month and i notice i can actually get cheaper i phone pay monthly deals with the likes of carphone warehouse and phone 4 u etc to name but a few.

Infact truth be told i can mostly get cheaper deals for o2 i phone everywere except on 02 on shop.

Also is there any benifits for me when my contract ends ? basically i will get the same deal as anyone else even though i have been with o2 since 2006-7

Just asking as i also notice the other main competitors are a few quid cheaper each month than o2 for the same i phone 4s and 5 deals

sorry but i think they are fair questions i tried the o2 online advisor but she was basically saying well goodbye if thats my attitude? :womanfrustrated:  

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
firstly i would say be work contacting upgrades about the deal. no gauntees they van do anything though but worth a shot.

3rd parties generally get their money baxknby adding other things to the contract. ie insurance.

and of course they dont have to sustain the network and peovide your signal/cuatomer service etc so thata cost cutting right there. personally i like to go with the netwoek direct purely as with third partys you will end up having to deal with 2 companys in thelifetime of the contract rather than one

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are free to shop around when it comes to your point of upgrade for the best deal you wish.

CPW and P4U offer can offer cheaper handsets as they work on comission from the networks and they may, perhaps, buy more stock in than any specific network. You tend to find 3rd parties are cheaper.

However, you are subject to their own returns policies (some of which don't have them) and dealing with their customer service with regards to your order. Also, many O2 discounts can only be added if you purchase through O2 directly, such as the O2 Open Scheme - o2open.co.uk

Message 2 of 5

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
firstly i would say be work contacting upgrades about the deal. no gauntees they van do anything though but worth a shot.

3rd parties generally get their money baxknby adding other things to the contract. ie insurance.

and of course they dont have to sustain the network and peovide your signal/cuatomer service etc so thata cost cutting right there. personally i like to go with the netwoek direct purely as with third partys you will end up having to deal with 2 companys in thelifetime of the contract rather than one
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are fair questions.

CPW and Phones4U buy their own stock of handsets. As they deal with all of the networks, and not just O2, they buy in more handsets than we do. The result is they get them cheaper, so can sell them cheaper. They're also subsidised by networks so again that reduces their costs.

O2 sell their phones at a reasonable margin over what they pay for them.

As for cost per month on deals, all networks choose what they price thier plans at, just like shops decide how much they want to charge for a loaf of bread of a pint of milk.

If you aren't happy with the price offered, then you have the right to shop elsewhere, just like you do if you don't like how much your shopping costs you in Tesco compared to Asda.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks PPL that makes a little more sence

I do like o2 had problems before and they sorted them etc

But at the moment they are one of the most expensive networks for i phone deals with only EE being a tat more expensive so i may just shop around ........thanks for your replies everyone slight_smile

Message 5 of 5