cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are o2 trying so hard to get rid of me as a customer?

montecarlos17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I just can't believe how little o2 are willing to do to retain a customer they have had for years now.

I don't even want to begin adding up how much money I've given this company over the numerous years I've been a 'loyal' customer.

So my SIM only contract came to an end as such I'm now on a rolling contract for 5gb data, unlimited calls and texts which is costing £16 a month now, it was £13 as I had a loyalty discount. Of course, o2 accidentally gave me an extra month with this Loyalty discount and then charged me for it the very next month! Oh sure, o2. Just take that extra £3 out of my account for your own screw up.

Obviously this flagged up the fact my loyalty discount is no longer being applied. So off to livechat I go, with the hope of getting the same deal again including the loyalty discount. Not exactly a huge expectation is it, to carry on paying what I have been paying for the last year.

Only, when I tell them I want to start a new 12 month Sim Only contract they can only offer me a deal they already have running. That's £15 a month, including £3 discount on a 'deal' they have running. So I specify I just want the loyalty discount so it brings the price down to what I had been paying previously.

Impossible, I am told. There's already a deal for that so I can't also have my loyalty discount. Right. So what's the point in being loyal then? If any new customer can get the exact same deal as me!

So out of interest, I ask what they can do a new S9 on. Oh look, all of a sudden they can offer £10 a month loyalty discount on that! So loyalty discount is still a thing, just can't give it to me unless they're selling something. Right.

I then pull up the fact Virgin Mobile do the same deal at £9 a month. They don't price match.

I then imply I will leave for that deal. They don't bat an eyelid.

I decide, do you know what. I can't be bothered with the hassle of switching networks. So, I go to the 'change your tariff' option and what do we see here? The offer I was offered yesterday, is not even listed in the tariffs I can change to! I'm reccomended to move up to 10gb data a month (despite using on average 1.5gb), but I cycle through the list of available tariffs to change to and none of them match the current deal I have. Incredible. So even when I try to just stick with o2 despite the lack of loyalty they have to me, they make it impossible to do so!

So, I try to find where I can cancel my current rolling contract and obviously, no option to do that to be found anywhere.

I always stuck with o2 and right now, I am 99% on the verge of leaving. I just want to offer them one last chance to read this and give me unlimited texts, unlimited minutes and 5gb data for the same £12.39 I have been paying for the last year. I will even go for £13 to adjust for inflation. I don't care. I just want to carry on paying what I was paying!!!! Why is that so hard o2? I'm not asking for much.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

....slinks away to a distant, dark corner of the room to cry and rock back and forward....

rocking gif.gif

joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

No offense @gmarkj. It's a pet peeve.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 15

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @montecarlos17 Welcome to our forum and sorry to hear that you've had a frustrating experience. 😞

I'm going to drop you a quick PM shortly (Private Message here on the forum) to discuss further and see if we can help you out with this. Please do check when you get a moment. slight_smile

Message 13 of 15

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Perhaps loyalty is at least being looked at or reviewed now. I was quite pleasantly surpised to receive this text on the 1st of May.

Screenshot_20180504-124742.png

I also got the same text 02 love us @jonsie Cheers

Message 14 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think it's the first time I have ever been offered anything via text from O2.....

Message 15 of 15