cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are O2 so bad - have cut my line and extras by mistake!

davidwbmclean
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, 

I purchased an Apple Watch series 7 after 5 attempts at dealing with sales (wrong price quoted, accidentally put through to a fellow customer, the list goes on). I made the purchase on Monday after speaking to retentions, as I am a pay monthly customer this was a second line. 

I subsequently realised that I had bought the wrong size of watch, called that evening and was told to call back once the order arrives....as they couldn't do anything. 

I called back on the Tuesday (24th) explained issue. O2 explained they didn't have the smaller watch available so agree to cancel the deal. They asked me to send the watch back, I was put through to some other team for that to be processed. 

Nevertheless, I have awoken this morning (25th) to discover they have cancelled everything, including my existing number..... COME ON O2 ..... I need this number and my account..... could you make the customer experience ANY WORSE. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@davidwbmclean 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@davidwbmclean 

It might be better if I tag one of the o2 advisors on here, who may be able to help a lot better than Social Media 

@O2Lisa could you help the op out here as this sounds like a nightmare...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 11

davidwbmclean
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I have called this morning 30 minute on the phone, they will endeavour to reset the line today and get it back up and running. But will need to call back to re-add Disney, Spotify and other packages. Honestly, the WORST customer experience of my life. 

Unclear how something so simple can go so wrong. And, as much as its entertaining to speak to other complaining customers, it's pretty poor that following such an experience, a manager cannot call you back within the 24 hour timeframe. 

Message 4 of 11

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @madasaf1sh.

@davidwbmclean I'm so sorry about this, I'll send you a private message and just make sure everything is sorted for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

davidwbmclean
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, @O2Lisa @madasaf1sh @MI5 

After 02 reestablishing my main line, confirming that the watch had been received they sent me a letter saying that I owed them 700 gbp…. Per attached email I received from Swetha at customer services I was told not to worry. That the watch had been received. My account would be checked and monitored and fully rectified within 72 hours.

oh no, no, no the incompetence is beyond compare.

Today they took £700 out of my current account without warning. When I spoke to customer services they told me to contact my bank to reverse it myself. I explained that I would not as I work for the bank, and I am currently going through a mortgage application. I was told that I would have to wait 7-10 days for a refund, then they hung up on me!!!

I called again, explained the situation again, was told nothing could be done other than to wait ….. honestly in the current environment with the cost of living crises I wonder how a business like o2 can justify taking 700 gbp of cash out of a customers account with no recourse. 

I note that I have asked 6 times for a manger call back and not once has a manager called back. I have not received one response to email requests for support and I am now at a 700 pound loss due to o2s complete incompetence. 

if anyone is reading this please help !!!!! I don’t trust that I will get this money back.  

9D1D72DA-8485-4EB0-A31C-3CA5F3831AFF.png

Message 6 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@davidwbmclean 

@O2Lisa isn't on duty at the moment.

I'll tag in @O2Emma who should be here.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will look into this thanks.

signature
Message 8 of 11

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @davidwbmclean I will send you a private message to look into this for you .

signature
Message 9 of 11

davidwbmclean
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma @O2Lisa @MI5 @madasaf1sh 

Hi all, the saga continues with the customer service. 
I eventually received a refund of £693 for the incorrect charge against the watch. 
however, I was told upon processing of the refund that I would received compensation of c. 20% due to financial distressed caused to my family and I. 
well obviously o2 haven’t bothered to do so? It would be great if someone could check on this. 
Thanks 

David 

Message 10 of 11