cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting cutoff when I call 02 (5 times today and wasted over 2 hours holding)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been calling from 3:00pm today to 5:27pm (on hold now).  I have been cut off twice before getting to talk to a real person and twice whilst talking.  I am only trying to place an order and find out about how shared Tariff works.   HELP

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sharer plans are explained here http://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans and here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-SHARER-DATA-TARIFS-MINI-GUIDE/td-p/835753 and to be honest with you, you are better off going in store to upgrade anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sharer plans are explained here http://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans and here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-SHARER-DATA-TARIFS-MINI-GUIDE/td-p/835753 and to be honest with you, you are better off going in store to upgrade anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's happened to me in the past,  so damned annoying! Not sure if the system was designed that way when it was first installed but it's certainly been a feature over the last half dozen years at busy times. Can you feed this back @Martin-O2?

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,   that was what I saw and got me started. They have told me I need to be on a shared tariff and then they can sell me extra SIM. Everytime I start getting to order I get cut off and Im thinking its because the agent doesnt know how to do it.  The latest guy I spoke to was asking me how big a data tariff I need on the Dongle SIM (clear not understanding how it works).  i got put through to him manager Tom who seemed to understand it a little better.   SIM is £1 per month for 12 months and Dongle is £35 one off and then I use data from my main agreement.  

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sadly customer service do not understand sharer tariffs at all.
You need a lead device which needs setting up on a new contract (or suitable tariff) and then you need a sharer tariff for each additional device.
These start at £7.50 per month for just data sharing or £15 for sharing call allowances too.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @jonsie @Anonymous I'll pass this info up the chain to see if there are any known issues atm wink Thanks for letting us know! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6