cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting automated phone calls about an unpaid bill when I paid yesterday?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got an automated phone call saying I had an unpaid bill.

I don't - I paid it yesterday.

And of course the system doesn't inclued an "I've already paid" choice so it keeps going round in circles.

COME ON O2!

FIX YOUR BILLING SYSTEM SO IT KNOWS WHEN YOU'VE BE PAID!

That should be so simple.  But if that's too hard for you, at least give an option in the automated phone call nonsense to tell it you've already paid and to go back and check again.

Without either option it is extremely annoying and unprofessional.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As this is a customer to customer forum and you are fed up with the sloppy website etc lodge a formal complaint with o2 using the complaints procedure. on the support pages type complain. and you will get a list but this is the relevant text

"Complaints Code of Practice

At O2, we always try to make sure things run as smoothly as possible for our customers. If you're unhappy with any part of our service, please tell us.

Your complaints give us a chance to put things right and also means we can improve our service to you and our customers in future.

Our service teams are in the best position to deal with your complaint and should be the first people you contact. You can contact them by phone, letter or email. You can do this by clicking here

We'll look into your complaint immediately and aim to sort the issue out as fully as we can within 14 days. If something comes up that means it may take longer than this we’ll discuss this with you. If you're unhappy with our decision, ask for one of our team managers to investigate further.

We hope that we will have been able to sort out any problems by this stage. However, if you're still not satisfied after speaking to one of our managers and you'd like an impartial review, please write to:

O2 Complaints Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Alternatively you can email us directly at: complaintreviewservice@o2.com
or fax us on 0870 600 2402. We’ll aim to review your complaint within 14 working days.

Please include the following information:

• Your name and address
  • Your mobile and account numbers
  • A daytime contact number
  • A suggestion of what you'd like us to do to put things right

If you've had any previous correspondence relating to your complaint, please send copies of these as well as any names of supervisors and managers you've spoken to.

If we haven’t been able to sort things out within eight weeks, the ombudsman can review your complaint for free. Unless there is a deadlock situation, they won’t look at cases that are less than eight weeks old. Contact them directly at:

Ombudsman Services: Communications
PO Box 730
Warrington
WA4 6WU

Phone: 0845 050 1614
Textphone: 0845 051 1513
www.os-communications.org
Email: enquiries@os-communications.org

For information on your consumer rights, get free advice from your local citizens advice bureau (CAB), consumer advice centre, local authority trading standards or consumer protection department. You'll find their contact details in the local telephone directory or ask at your town hall or local authority offices."

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It might well be a day or two before your payment enters your account.

If you pay your bill when it's due you wouldn't get these calls either.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not objecting to the calls, that's not my grouse.

What I'm objecting to is the systems being so badly written that there is NO ALLOWANCE made for the possibility that the bill is paid already.

I'm annoyed with O2 for having such crap billing software.  If it can't get a simple thing like this RIGHT, how many other things is it getting wrong?

Actually, I know the web site is broken too as they put up a link saying "Your bill is overdue - pay it now" - that link is broken.  I reported that OVER SIX MONTHS ago and as of yesterday it still isn't fixed.

No, my problem is with O2 and their badly written billing software and sloppy design.

Message 3 of 9

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'd prefere getting the calls shortly after missing payment so I'd avoid getting a black mark on my credit record.

Wouldn't you?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As this is a customer to customer forum and you are fed up with the sloppy website etc lodge a formal complaint with o2 using the complaints procedure. on the support pages type complain. and you will get a list but this is the relevant text

"Complaints Code of Practice

At O2, we always try to make sure things run as smoothly as possible for our customers. If you're unhappy with any part of our service, please tell us.

Your complaints give us a chance to put things right and also means we can improve our service to you and our customers in future.

Our service teams are in the best position to deal with your complaint and should be the first people you contact. You can contact them by phone, letter or email. You can do this by clicking here

We'll look into your complaint immediately and aim to sort the issue out as fully as we can within 14 days. If something comes up that means it may take longer than this we’ll discuss this with you. If you're unhappy with our decision, ask for one of our team managers to investigate further.

We hope that we will have been able to sort out any problems by this stage. However, if you're still not satisfied after speaking to one of our managers and you'd like an impartial review, please write to:

O2 Complaints Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Alternatively you can email us directly at: complaintreviewservice@o2.com
or fax us on 0870 600 2402. We’ll aim to review your complaint within 14 working days.

Please include the following information:

• Your name and address
  • Your mobile and account numbers
  • A daytime contact number
  • A suggestion of what you'd like us to do to put things right

If you've had any previous correspondence relating to your complaint, please send copies of these as well as any names of supervisors and managers you've spoken to.

If we haven’t been able to sort things out within eight weeks, the ombudsman can review your complaint for free. Unless there is a deadlock situation, they won’t look at cases that are less than eight weeks old. Contact them directly at:

Ombudsman Services: Communications
PO Box 730
Warrington
WA4 6WU

Phone: 0845 050 1614
Textphone: 0845 051 1513
www.os-communications.org
Email: enquiries@os-communications.org

For information on your consumer rights, get free advice from your local citizens advice bureau (CAB), consumer advice centre, local authority trading standards or consumer protection department. You'll find their contact details in the local telephone directory or ask at your town hall or local authority offices."

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Liquid - Yes, I'd rather get the calls than none at all.  But getting a call with no way out - the three numbered options don't apply in the very simple case that the bill has been paid, and if you just drop the call, the system calls again.  There is no "I've paid", "Speak to an operator", etc there.  You just get stuck in an endless loop.  THAT is the problem.

Message 6 of 9

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
O I just drop the calls very rarely get another call. Can only speak from personal experience here.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

How difficult would it be for a 'press 3 if the account has been paid'? Mind you, that's one of the beauties of a direct debit, never received such a call:smileywink:

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having forgot to pay my bill last month due to changing of accounts, you get a text message first reminding you of payment due which clearly says we apologise if payment had already been paid as it can take time for payment to go through and register. You then a few days later get a automated call saying you bill is overdue and to pay call this number etc etc It clearly says we apologise if you have made this payment recently. 

What more do you want then to do?

Having a option of 'press 3' etc is not going to help as the system has not been updated. Pay your bill on time and no need to worry, be thankful that O2 give some grace in the bill being paid late and didn't just cut you off.

Message 9 of 9