cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I charged?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My dad bought me a new phone last year in September on his bank account and I noticed recently that all this time O2 was charging me 49 pounds a month aswell. What should i do?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144326 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Obviously they didn't, so log into your MyO2 now and change the payment method to your Fathers bank details, then ask your Father to refund you the money paid so far to O2.
You can change bank details under "Manage My Details" on the web site or in the MyO2 app.

pay details.png

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous You need to speak to Customer Service. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

You can see what the charges are for on your MyO2 page. http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144326 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You must have given your bank details to take the payments from ?
Was this new phone an upgrade of an existing contract or a brand new one?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Surely you realise that you would be paying a monthly contract cost for the phone if it is in your name 

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122912 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymous Surely you realise that you would be paying a monthly contract cost for the phone if it is in your name 

I read it differently. As I understand it @Anonymous's opening sentence "My dad bought me a new phone last year in September on his bank account" lead him to believe his dad had bought the phone and was paying for the contract? Many parents do that as 'gifts' for their kids.

If that was the case, it's surprising that the terms of the contract weren't made clear to the OP when he was given the phone. Maybe it's his dad he needs to speak to, as somehow the ops bank details were given to O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, No they specifically said that they will transfer the ayments onto him.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144326 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Obviously they didn't, so log into your MyO2 now and change the payment method to your Fathers bank details, then ask your Father to refund you the money paid so far to O2.
You can change bank details under "Manage My Details" on the web site or in the MyO2 app.

pay details.png

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7