cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Can't I downgrade my Airtime plan? Why does it go up if I upgrade my device?

starseed2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I want to know how I can lower my tariff. It is currently on the airtime plan (unlimited calls and too much data) costing over £20 per month. There are no options online to do this - I have checked several times and I cannot even request it. This is out of order. I used to go to a shop and get this done straight away.

Also, my previous plan had auto-renewed for 2 years and I wonder if I can cancel with a month notice. I may want to switch if o2 is deliberately blocking people from lowering their tariffs. There are no options available - I am totally in the dark here.

Also as my phone is old and I can upgrade I checked a few deals. For the new phone I want to upgrade to the deal has the airtime plan £2 UK pounds more than I am currently paying (£22 rather than £20 a month). Why the hell is this?

I need to speak to someone from o2 on the online chat or over the phone. Are they working remotely at the moment and if so how do I contact them?

Thanks,

Tim

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Reducing tariff needs a call to O2, @starseed2020, as do some of your other queries.

Contact numbers all in this Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support, and Webchat is running a limited service too. Numbers in the guide for Skype and 0800 numbers as well, if you need'em. 

Good luck! 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Reducing tariff needs a call to O2, @starseed2020, as do some of your other queries.

Contact numbers all in this Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support, and Webchat is running a limited service too. Numbers in the guide for Skype and 0800 numbers as well, if you need'em. 

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@starseed2020 

You can only lower your tariff if you are on a flex plan https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs

If you are, the option to change your tariff is in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

pgn
  • 35233 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I know you can increase your tariff in MyO2, and bolt-ons can be added there too, but I thought to reduce, or step down a level meant a call to O2 - perhaps not for tariff downgrades on flex tariffs, I have not tried that. Thanks, @MI5.

In this case, there is a list of items that might benefit from a call at 8am or so one morning to O2, @starseed2020. Please do let the community know what they say you can do wrt tariff changes in MyO2, please? 

Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It may also be possible to upgrade the contract (if the 2 year term has finished) to a lower deal...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5