Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Who is correct?/What should I have done?

Last Monday I visited an O2 store to report my phone broke/unresponsive. They advised me to take my phone to the Apple Store around the corner as they would test it and would mean i wouldn't have to send it off to be tested, after the tests they agreed with me it was a broken/dead battery.
So upon finding this out I took my phone back to the O2 store and told them what the Apple Store had said, so they rang up the insurance helpline for me and I went through the details, said what happened etc etc
Now they told me on the phone that they would contact me within 72 hours (It's been a week) and they would arrange for my phone to be picked up and swapped/repaired.
As nothing had happened today, I rang up the insurance line and they told me I have to go back into the shop, so they can test it and send it off for testing which would take 10 days. So was I meant to hand it in (despite being told not too) or was I right in going to the apple store? Just seems to me that none of the people I've spoken to have cared about my problem, and just told me to contact other people, which is starting to be a joke.
So now, I'll have to go into the shop tomorrow to get them to send it away, by the time I get a new phone, or it repaired it will be over 20 days without my phone working, which while applying for jobs is a kick in the teeth, plus the added phone bill I'll have soon, despite not being able to use my phone. I've not got a spare O2 phone anywhere, and I'm not buying one for what I assumed would be 5-6 days without it.
Any help would be nice, as its starting to become a pain.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: Who is correct?/What should I have done?

so it is out of warranty? Is it just battery failure?
what is the excees you will have to pay?
Apple do battery replacement for £55.00 http://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/service/battery/
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

You're not covered for manufacturers faults with your insurance. If you are in warranty, go back to Apple and they should replace it. If not you will have to pay to have it repaired. If it does get replaced, make sure you tell the insurance department about this.
Anonymous

To be fair, I'm not too upset about having to pay for the phone to be fixed, I know its £55 for the battery if thats the case, I just don't like the way its been handled.
I did what they asked me to, only to not hear from them and then when I ring them find out everything they told me was a lie.
If they had given me the right information from the start I'd have had my phone back soon, but because they haven't I probably won't have my phone at all this month, and will still have to pay the £45 contract for the month, despite using nothing/
Anonymous

Missed TWO job interviews now too.
Oh I Love this company.
Anonymous

yup i have had the same (ish) problem, had to claim phone on insurance and they sent me out a new phone... sorted... no. phone broke 16 days later and the insurance company wont send a new one out, so i went to o2 who also said that they would be unable to fix it even if they sent it away yet the only way to get a replacement was to send it away for 7-10 days... hmmmm
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

phatpanda
What it the new fault?
Apple is the best place to go for faults as they replace on spot if it is a warranty issue.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

sorry, ive got a Dell Streak... (o dear) my fault was mainly the case coming away but it has some software issues that cannot actually be repaired as it will always happen. Not happy with o2 and im hoping that they will see the light and just give me a different handset as they are knowingly selling me a faulty product.........
The people in the shops are normally excellent and will bend over backwards to help i just think its the people on the other end of the phone in customer services that arent brilliant all the time..