Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is 'at fault'

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I was recently away from home for a few days, during which time my mobile bill was due.   Having recently changed banks I had not had time to set up Direct Debit payments.    On the date my payment was due, I logged into my O2 Accounts and made the required payments which were accepted and 'verified by Visa'.

However, I started receiving messages on my 'phones that I had not paid my bills, and, eventually they cut off my services.    Each time I tried to make a call I was just diverted to an automated payment service so could not speak to anyone at O2 to find out what had happened.

During my trip I had no access to the internet so was feeling very cut off.  

Upon my return home I had received 2 e-mails from O2 stating that my payments were not taken as something had 'gone wrong' at my bank and I was told to use an alternative method to pay, and get service restored.

I had managed to make a payment on one of the phones, duplicating my payment, as I assumed.

I visited my bank today, and they investigated there and then as there was nothing on the system as to why the payments were not made, but, after a further telephone call, it was found that the reason the payments were not further authorised because the security code numbers had been incorrectly input by O2 when finally trying to take the payment.    They suggested that O2 telephone the bank for confirmation that they were at fault and not me.

Now, I am a pensioner on State Benefits and cannot now pay my other bill until next Monday (pay day).   Assuming my payment had been taken from my bank account, I used the money as shown available in my account whist away from home.

So, I have suffered a curtailment of my services due to no fault of my own?   O2 chat are telling me the only way to get my service back on is to pay the bill.   So, who has broken their Contract me or o2?   I will also have a late/missed payment registered on my Credit File!

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm sorry we couldn't help you further, but it's not for the sake of trying.
As you can see above, a CS rep has said that you can use your phone to call 202 in these circumstances, so that is all I have left to suggest.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not too sure you should consider your contract has terminated 😞

Unless O2 expressly advise of so.
Message 32 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry but this doesn't make sense...if you been completely bared it either means you have 2 outstanding bills or customer services has already placed your account on hold, with a promise to pay and because no payment was made it got completely bared. When you made your payments didn't the advisor give you a payment reference? This would help...

Message 33 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the problem with Internet based support. It is slow and unwieldy. If you can't call 202 then use a friends o2 mobile to call up or call 0344 809 0202 and SPEAK to o2 instead of chat or pm based support.

That is the only real way you will get this resolved.

Also if you have been disconnected (i.e for non payment) but you are still within your contract term / not given the required notice you will still have a contractual liability and a bill for the remainder of your contract is likely to follow.
Message 34 of 114

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Also if you have been disconnected (i.e for non payment) but you are still within your contract term / not given the required notice you will still have a contractual liability and a bill for the remainder of your contract is likely to follow.

So to clarify.....

O2 fail to successfully claim the payment as sent.

They then cut you off with no way to easily contact them to resolve the issue.

Finally, they continue to charge you for a contract that you can't use, through no fault of your own......?

Fantastic job O2 and a Merry Christmas !!!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sadly Rich o2 consider that as "great customer service"
Message 36 of 114

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Indeed - It would be nice if someone would just "own" it until resolved, one way or another.....

Currently using:
Message 37 of 114

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It just seems plain ridiculous that someone at O2 can't resolve this for the customer. Is it beyond someone in accounts tracing the payment?

Message 38 of 114

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 60 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The plot thickens,

Firstly, I do not owe 2 months' payments, only payments due on 9th December 2014.   I have the receipt numbers given when payment was made - o2 advise that these are 'useless' as they cannot be traced, and the only way of confirming payment was made is if the money has left my Account ..........

I also have a confirmation letter from O2 that payment was made, and approved by 'verified by Visa' but something else went wrong, which is why, as already stated, I went into my bank to confirm what happened and this is when they told me the problem was with O2 input of Security Code not being done correctly.

So, on one final 'chat' on Christmas Eve, I was re-connected, and offered a £2 per month discount for the remainder of the Contract, and it was confirmed that 30th December would be acceptable to pay the bill outstanding.

Marina has asked CS to contact me, and yesterday I received an e-mail to say they are terminating my Contract and I will have to pay over £500 - so, first thing Monday I will request written confirmation from my Bank, and I will let this proceed to Court!.

Many thanks O2.

Message 39 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Over £500 WoW 😒

Please keep your thread updated as this proceeds.
Message 40 of 114