cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who do they do a credit check on if the name on my new contract is different to the payment details?

Kaidus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve just placed an order for a new phone and am currently waiting for them to accept it.

I’m assuming they do a credit check in this timeframe which is why you have to wait but who do they do the credit check on if the name on the account is different to the payment details?

The name on the account is my name and because I’m a 20 year old student I never get approved for these types of things where a credit check is involved so the payment details are all on my mum’s card. So now I’m just a bit worried that I won’t be accepted because the 2 names are different depending on who they do the credit check on. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kaidus 

The credit check is done on the name of the person applying for the contract.

After all, they are responsible for paying the bills regardless of the actual payment method.

You may fail on an identity check though by not paying from an account in your name.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kaidus 

The credit check is done on the name of the person applying for the contract.

After all, they are responsible for paying the bills regardless of the actual payment method.

You may fail on an identity check though by not paying from an account in your name.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2