Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which ombudsman do O2 belong to

SEGSIE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need to make a complaint about O2 as they are billing me for a phone they sold to my child after endlessly hassling him at school.  The handset was returned the day after it arrived, well within the 14 day cooling off period but they are now insisting I need to pay for the contract, a lovely total of £530.  I can't get any sense from the chat service and know from bitter experience the complaints department won't bother phoning back so I need to escalate to the Ombudsman.  Can anyone advise if they are registered with Cisas or the Ombudsman Services: Communications?  Also, can I make a complaint to the Information Commisioner's office as my son wasn't able to pass security on the account but they sold to him anyway?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @SEGSIE

If you wish to make an official complaint then you must follow this route. The ombudsman won't be interested until you have followed the correct process

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use Resolver in the link given. They do have good results Resolver

Edited to add the info you required re the Ombudsman https://www.ombudsman-services.org/providers/o2

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

SEGSIE
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your prompt reply and helpful link.  I have made three separate complaints now, two by telephone and one on live chat.  On both occasions the telephone service confirmed they had resolved the complaint and cancelled the early termination charge but obviously on neither occasion was this true.  I have now had a bill and live chat is saying all they can do is refer me back to the customer service team - apparently there is no record of my two previous complaints.  Do I simply escalate straight to the Ombudsman at this point?  The information I found said I would need a "letter of deadlock" before being able to escalate to the ombudsman but I don't seem to be able to get this as they either refer me elsewhere or tell me the problem is resolved when it isn't.  Sorry - am just really frustrated especially when their agent used such shoddy sales practices (and can't afford £530 either)

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SEGSIE

As you have already complained we can't ask our commuity managers to get involved.

You have to follow the complaints process before you will get a letter of deadlock. It is pointless involving Live Chat as this is beyond their pay grade unfortunately.

I would honestly suggest using Resolver as I suggested in my first post.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SEGSIE We are all customers here, and we sympathise with your issue, but you have to use the Resolver link that @Cleoriff has provided before you can take your complaint any further. The ombudsman will not even acknowledge you if you don't follow the correct complaint procedure.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why do I think Aerial are involved here. Also it should be 8 weeks of deadlock before you can go to the ombudsman
Message 7 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Wait, just to clarify....
You said "sold him a phone whilst at school"?
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Wait, just to clarify....
You said "sold him a phone whilst at school"?

Which is why I said even CPW wouldn't stoop that low and I suspect a trusted artner.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, mentioned here on one of the duplicate threads https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Waiting-a-month-for-a-refund/m-p/1191117#M164689
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10