Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which bolt-on for Jordan

AC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm travelling to Jordan, and wondered whether O2 had a roaming agreement with this country. I've signed out of O2 Travel as Jordan wasn't listed as one of the countries included in this bolt-on. I've also provisionally signed up to "O2 Travel & Higher Data Limit in non-O2 Travel countries". However, I don't know whether this bolt-on actually includes Jordan. Any help people can provide here would be much appreciated! I don't want it for calls, but purely for roaming (maps etc). Thanks! AC

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AC Jordan is included in the higher data option but the cost of data is extortionate. 

A local SIM for data would be a better choice.

Screenshot_20190208-143419.jpg

If you need to unlock your phone for a local SIM, see help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@AC Jordan is included in the higher data option but the cost of data is extortionate. 

A local SIM for data would be a better choice.

Screenshot_20190208-143419.jpg

If you need to unlock your phone for a local SIM, see help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@ACYou don't need data for maps. You can download the maps you need over WiFi and use them offline. https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6291838?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

AC
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5. We were thinking that. Very much appreciated! AC

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143428 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

AC
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the link, Bambino. That's great! AC

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Roaming partners in Jordan are JMTS (zain JO) and Orange should you want to use your O2 sim to check messages but as said. a local sim is the best option.

Message 7 of 7