Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Where will I find the correct MMS settings

When I bought my Galaxy SG2 I had to have a new sim (which the salesperson fitted) and he also set the phone up for me. I have never been able to send or receive MMS and friends are becoming frustrated with me always saying that their picture messages never download.
I currently have 2 texts saying 'downloading' but they never complete.
I pay monthly and have 500 mb data allowance. I have looked in my Mobile network settings and in APNs there is 'o2 Mobile Web' (mobile.o2.co.uk) with its radio button highlighted. There is also 'o2 MMS' (wap.o2.co.uk).
Please can anyone direct me to the correct settings for these please and I will check if they match what is already there.
Thank you
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,845

Re: Where will I find the correct MMS settings

A lot of Galaxy owners are having this problem. Do a search for galaxy mms settings and it will bring up lots of threads. Have a look at the last post on this thread as I am intrigued whether this works on the Galaxy.
http://bit.ly/urcORv
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you. Followed your link and in APN type I am presented with 3 options:
Internet + MMS, Internet, or MMS. There is no way I can enter anything of my own choosing such as '*'.
I had already searched yesterday for settings on Google and did manually alter my APN settings as suggested and was at last able to send and receive MMS but today my son has sent me a photo and it has been downloading for 4 hours now with no success. I have done a test from my husband's phone (he is on o2, the same as me) and I received that one no problem.
Am wondering - could the problem occur when the messages are from another carrier such as Orange (which my son uses). Since yesterday he can receive MMS from me ok , just not the other way round. It is so aggravating.
Highlighted
Anonymous

to get the settings for wap and mms on any o2 phone simple send the word active in a text message to 2020 its free of charge
Highlighted

Search the threads and you will find many instances where this doesn't work, hence the large number of threads requesting manual settings. Hopefully the problems are now resolved with O2 applying the fix at their end.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thought I would give an update after my original post. After speaking to o2 I was told that my type of phone cannot have its settings sent by text but they gave me a link to their recommended settings which I had already found myself online. Still unable to download picture messages but someone suggested installing Handcent so that is what I did and it solved the problem immediately. The photo downloaded to Handcent as well as to the stock app. I have now made Handcent my default.
Seems a bit extreme to have had to do this, but good to know it worked for me.
Thanks guys.
Highlighted