cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the love for long term loyal customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, i've been a loyal o2 customer for over 8 years now.  

My o2 contract is due for renewal on the 12th of this month (November 2012) so I thought I would contact an advisor through the chat system to see what offers/discounts o2 could give me against an iPhone 5.

I got nowhere!  The advisors excuse was that all payment plans are pre-set and that there is no leway for change, the advisor couldn't even move my upgrade date forward by two weeks!!

It seems that o2 are happy to make us fork out hundreds of pounds purchasing a handset year after year and then hundreds more on monthly contracts (on average £40 per month @ £480 per year) to run them but they are not prepared to give anything back, not even 2 weeks advance on an upgrade!

What makes this even more unbelievable is that Orange have activated 4G and so o2 sales will be effected.  

I think it may be prudent to wait until my contract has finished, then move over to Orange!

thoughts?!

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Lots of people have complained about the lack of loyalty etc. before.  The tariffs seem to be far more laid out now and harder to get cheaper esp with the new smart phones.  You might get a better deal elsewhere.  I stay with O2 as I have never had any bother with them, and the grass isnt always greener as they say.

4G has now gone live, but the prices seem to be very steep. I am sure they have to try and recoup somewhere, till the market gets more competive.

Samsung S8
Message 2 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

in my eyes theres now no loyalty from o2 😞

been with these up untill about 4 weeks ago , been with them for about 10 years ish and had some large bills in so theyve had some cash off me

still with them for my bb as its the old legacy account

moved to another network for mobile cheaper deal and coverage if not better than o2 also a english based customer service

so yeah for me the grass is better on the other side , sorry o2 but thats a fact for a lot of people that have moved away from here

Message 3 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone now gets the same deals, tariffs etc, doesn't matter if you are a new or existing customer, 

Message 4 of 71

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I can understand not offering long term customers better deals.

If your trying to attract customers you'll be offering the best possible price for your tarif anyway. If you offer lower for long term customers you'd lose money. (Less money=less upgrades to service=less signal =less customers)

I'm happy to pay "full whack" for a good service:)

However I definatly wouldn't say no to the odd free thing for being with them so long haha(I'm only human:))

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get your point but we're talking about absolutely no perks, they wouldn't even move my upgrade date forward by 13 days!

Also you speak about a good service but how many times this year did o2 go 'offline'?
Message 6 of 71

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Once for me, but I have a backup phone for instances like that. Lets not turn this into a debate about service there's enough of those haha.

I can understand your frustration but they do give us times for upgrading for a reason. I doubt any other carrier would allow you to upgrade two weeks earlier either.

However I am suprised you cannot pay a premium to upgrade slightly earlier.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 71

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149013 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28461 Solutions
Good luck with Orange and 4G slight_smile Have you checked the prices and coverage or are you just jumping on the over hyped bandwagon wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

you guys seem typically British in that you accept whatever you're given without any question or demand for something better, unfortunately it's that concept large firms will also use to keep us paying 'top dollar'.

Message 9 of 71

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Haha never been called that before. Not sure if I should take offence haha.

I just don't see the point in wasting my life trying to squeeze pennies from companies I use. If I feel I don't have enough money I go out and earn more:)

just for refrence im on the £60 tariff and I'm not complaining:)

Message 10 of 71