Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is better to upgrade?

LeeMc88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is it better to go in store for the best upgrade deal or do it online?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LeeMc88 wrote:
Is it better to go in store for the best upgrade deal or do it online?

I always upgrade online with in store collection.

you get best of both worlds, better online price and collecting the phone in minutes.

works all the time!

It does work @Anonymous as long as the phone is in stock to deliver to the store. Not always the case sadly...

This is how I do it, and don't usually have to wait too long.  The only issue I have with in-store these days is the staff in the stores are really not that knowledgeable or helpful these days.  A few years ago they were excellent, but they are nothing more than sales people these days and will basically say anything to get you to buy something.

Thanks

Steve
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff to more specific there’s no “delivery”, they use stock from store... that’s why o2 is so different and better from competitors regarding click and collect! wink

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@welshsteve76 couldn’t agree more.

I’ve sent an email regarding this and they replied back and mentioned that this would change in the future.

one thing I’ve noticed with click and collect now, once the adviser gives you your phone, as it’s marked as delivered you get a text to score that specific adviser and that changes everything because now they feel that they need to go the extra mile...

Message 13 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I'm really pleased they appear to have improved the service @Anonymous Previously we have heard many tales of disappointment. However if it works for you, then that's all good wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

We had instances on  here of customers ordering online for click and collect and then going to a store with their code and even though they had stock, the customer was refused because the device had  not been sent to the store by O2. Depending on the store I suppose. 

Message 15 of 16

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've heard instances of this too. When I ordered by OnePlus 3T even though I'd had my alert to say it was in store, it wasn't there when I went to collect it. But even though they had loads of stock in store, because it wasn't the one I ordered, I had to wait a couple of extra days. I got it in the end tho.

My wife had issues too.  She was given some advice by a staff member when she collected her online order from a store. When he was gibving this "information" to her I had to bite my tongue because what she was being told to do was completely wrong.  I just said in the end something along the lines of "don't worry, we'll get it sorted ourselves".  Which is why I try and avoid the stores if I can these days.  They really did used to be excellent, but it changed all of a sudden about 2 or 3 years ago.  Now unless you're buying a top of the range phone, they just aren't interested.

Thanks

Steve
Message 16 of 16