Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I see the money owed to me?

JeanF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the informed advice you guys give out on here.  I don't know why you support O2 when the same problems crop up so often, but you are providing help.

Just a few things I have found out.  In January I was told that O2 couldn't access my bank account.  I learnt from you that such glitches were not unknown.  Talking to live chat, I was insulted by the first person I spoke to suggesting that I didn't have funds to pay an £11 invoice.  The second person who I telephoned was polite, but didn't seem to understand the problem.  Having been transferred to CS when I said I wanted to cancel my account, I was given various inducements to stay, and not leave after 15 years.  I said I wasn't interested and to close my account.  Did I wish to take my number with me?  No, so he agreed to cancel my contract after the 30 days notification. 

Meanwhile I found out from this forum that you could send a cheque to clear an account.  This I did, but pointed out that I was not paying the £3.50 late payment fee as it was due to the O2 systems.  I was surprised to find out that in February O2 had cashed the cheque, then applied to the bank and taken out two more months of payments. They received the money, proving it was their systems, not my fault at all.  

Looking at my final bill I find that the company has refunded the £3.50, and shows me now in credit to £31.00.

Will they refund my account, or will I have to chase them for it?

I have a phone with a French company and they have a similar forum, but the big difference is that there is a person on it working for the company who can access accounts and deal with problems such as these.  Maybe if there were a similar person here many problems could be nipped in the bud.  It is only a suggestion that might prevent the person who doesn't realise that you cannot access accounts from being told he/she will have to contact CS.  

Anyway thanks for the good work you do.  It is a shame that O2 is not so helpful.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Jay-PS
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Whilst I wait till 2pm, after that I am leaving o2 after 7 years, they've tried to help but its time to try somewhere else.

I had a issue with bill increase, you can read my complaint here, after disconnections team we agreed on the issue, but said he couldn't fix it, contact complaints review team, which i did in writing, who I've asked for a senior manager, but their regressing to hiding away from customer complaints in o2.

I've had them put the phone down in March, and then the leeds call centre pass the calls to South Africa, than spending time understanding customer issues, and wanting to sort them out, they pass the book, and South african staff do their best to fix the issue, but some of o2 UK staff just couldn't care enough, for their job, what keeps them in it, customers, but a lot of that here - turning up for work is accepted as doing your job. There are some good UK o2 staff, Ian who i spoke with last friday, but a lot of women working part-time in o2, and not really helping customers, they come do their hours, n go! That's my experience of not getting anywhere. You only experience their short-comings when you call them, that there not really helpful, but just coming in clocking-in, and going home.

I would cut-off communication with customer service, its obvious the problem is at there end to fix, and get in touch with you, that's basic customer care, but i doubt they will.

Not the other way around which people here are suggesting, you keep onto them, no.

I read all your posts Jean, and I've had a challenge, so lets leave together! slight_smile

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Not-Notifying-Customers-Of-Price-Increases/m-p/1123787
Message 21 of 25

JeanF
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well at long last a result. Marjo took up the case, contacted someone that she knew, a phone call received, and now a cheque has arrived in England. I feel that I have received what was due to me, even if I spent half of it making International calls, and really am glad to be free of what is a rotten customer service system. Many thanks to all who have contributed to the thread, and it is just one more piece of information that you can bank as how out of date O2 really are. Enjoy your summer if you are in the UK.
Message 22 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JeanFI'm delighted you have eventually received your money. What an absolute nightmare.

Best of luck and I hope everything goes well for you now wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 25

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good news and well done @Marjo wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 25

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions