Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I see the money owed to me?

JeanF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the informed advice you guys give out on here.  I don't know why you support O2 when the same problems crop up so often, but you are providing help.

Just a few things I have found out.  In January I was told that O2 couldn't access my bank account.  I learnt from you that such glitches were not unknown.  Talking to live chat, I was insulted by the first person I spoke to suggesting that I didn't have funds to pay an £11 invoice.  The second person who I telephoned was polite, but didn't seem to understand the problem.  Having been transferred to CS when I said I wanted to cancel my account, I was given various inducements to stay, and not leave after 15 years.  I said I wasn't interested and to close my account.  Did I wish to take my number with me?  No, so he agreed to cancel my contract after the 30 days notification. 

Meanwhile I found out from this forum that you could send a cheque to clear an account.  This I did, but pointed out that I was not paying the £3.50 late payment fee as it was due to the O2 systems.  I was surprised to find out that in February O2 had cashed the cheque, then applied to the bank and taken out two more months of payments. They received the money, proving it was their systems, not my fault at all.  

Looking at my final bill I find that the company has refunded the £3.50, and shows me now in credit to £31.00.

Will they refund my account, or will I have to chase them for it?

I have a phone with a French company and they have a similar forum, but the big difference is that there is a person on it working for the company who can access accounts and deal with problems such as these.  Maybe if there were a similar person here many problems could be nipped in the bud.  It is only a suggestion that might prevent the person who doesn't realise that you cannot access accounts from being told he/she will have to contact CS.  

Anyway thanks for the good work you do.  It is a shame that O2 is not so helpful.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@JeanF wrote:

Thanks Marjo,

I telephoned this morning and was informed that they would refund me in 7-10 days.  Quite why it takes so long I don't understand.  Speaking to another company who owed me a similar sum the operator I spoke to did everything while I was on the phone, and the next day it showed up when I looked at my account with the bank.

I am not sure that I was very clear in my first post, but I did cancel my account via live chat, something that I read on the forum cannot be done.  Guess it depends on who you get.

Hoping that I receive my money, and wish you all well.

Wishing you well too @JeanF, I hope the refund comes through without any problems, please do let us know if it went well in the end or if you encounter any issues. slight_smile 

Message 11 of 25

JeanF
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A brief update.

An e-mail this afternoon asking me to contact CS who were unable to credit my account.  They manage to take money out, but cannot put it back in.

Spoke to them and they now tell me they can only issue a cheque sent to a UK address.  I have given them one, but just how backward are their systems?  How can other companies cope with the fact that people are on the move these days, and not restricted to living in one country.  I can get money paid back into my account from Marks & Spencer, but not O2.  All very strange.  Maybe you could ask why they do not wish to move into the 21st centuary.

Message 12 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JeanFI agree totally. The system is very flawed. I hope you get this refund via the archaic route of sending it by cheque to the UK address you have given them.

If you wish to make a complaint then so so via this route https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

We understand using Resolver (in the link) gets good results

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 25

JeanF
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh joy!  Another e-mail asking me to contact O2.  They have not issued the cheque they promised two weeks ago, but want to refund my money to the card once more.  Another phone call at my expense, a lengthy hold while the girl tries to get an answer as to what to do next, and she tells me that I will see my money within a couple of days.  I am not holding my breathe, but if they can pay it back to my bank now, why did they not do so when my contract finished?  She was certain I will see it by Friday.  Wait and see I think.

Message 14 of 25

JeanF
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Further to my message yesterday a further e-mail telling me they cannot pay the money back to my account and would I please contact CS.  What a surprise!  The girl yesterday was certain that I would have my money back this week.  Spoke to CS again this morning, and once again they will have to send a cheque in the next 10 days.  I asked why they didn't do this as promised before, and CS didn't know as the refund team is not the same as customer services.  Does anyone in O2 ever get to discuss the problems that they have dealing with the public?  The company really does need a good shake up.

Message 15 of 25

JeanF
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I promised to keep you updated, so once again I have to tell you that three weeks later I have still not received my money. You will receive it in two days, or you will receive it in ten days depending on the method of payment and who you speak to.  I trust that O2 will be adding regular amounts of £3.50 for late payment.  No!  I didn't expect them to.

Message 16 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JeanFI will tag @Marjo back into this thread. I think this has gone on far too long. She did offer to help earlier and hopefully will be here tomorrow.. Keep checking the thread wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 25

JeanF
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Cleoriff, I will keep watching. I have already spent enough on phone calls to CS without keeping on at them. Perhaps they hope I will fade away.
Message 18 of 25

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @JeanF, sorry to hear it's still not sorted for you. 😞 Please check when you get a moment - I'm going to send you a Private Message here on the forum shortly to discuss further so we can help you with this.

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff!

Message 19 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No problem at all @Marjo. I really think this has drawn on and on for far too long. @JeanF needs all the help she can get. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 25