Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I get 100% LTE on O2?

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

When will I get 100% LTE on O2 without the need to fall back on 3G?

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
My point is, if there is no obligation to do so, they may not, or at least not in the very near future.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 36

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
My point is, if there is no obligation to do so, they may not, or at least not in the very near future.

No, when new technologies are coming, you need to free up spectrum used by old technologies for new technologies and eventually needs IMS for voice calls. Using IMS for calls is a global trend, including China, South Korea, Japan, the US, Hong Kong and also Macau. One of the requirement of 4G standard selection is IP-only, I think it will also be likely in the future. The trend will force you implement it. I can also see that if IMS is used instead, new technologies only needs to consider stable data connection, latency and also data bandwidth and it will eventually make voice call works.

Message 32 of 36

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, eventually. But that doesn't mean soon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 36

evantkh
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Actually I am not expecting this in a short time, I am just asking when.

Message 34 of 36

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We would never know that on here mate - o2 never give timescales for anything like that.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 36

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@evantkh wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Actually I am not expecting this in a short time, I am just asking when.

You are totally misunderstanding the purpose and capabilities of the Community.

It is made up primarliy of O2 customers who are not privy to O2's business and technical strategies.

The Community can attempt to resolve operational problems experienced by O2 customers but no way can they explain O2's  business and technical strategies.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 36 of 36