cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to use PAC code. Renewal date vs contract end date??

Wai_Wai
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So my contract renewal date is the 29th. So is that the contract end date (i.e. the last day that I can use my tarriff) or is that the day my contract will switch to a roll over contract? Also, I want to switch my provide when my current contract ends. So do I give the new provider the PAC code on the 29th to avoid either early cancellation/roll over charges? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@Wai_Wai 

Your contract will switch to a 30 day rolling contract.

You will be charged for any days still connected to O2 after the 29th, so give your PAC on the 27th which allows the 2 days for the port in to your new provider. 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@Wai_Wai 

Your contract will switch to a 30 day rolling contract.

You will be charged for any days still connected to O2 after the 29th, so give your PAC on the 27th which allows the 2 days for the port in to your new provider. 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Wai_Wai
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you! Just to confirm, there won't be any early cancellation fees if I switch the pac over 2 days before the renewal date?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144662 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions

@Wai_Wai 

It won't happen 2 days before as it takes 2 days for the new network to process the request.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4