Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to cancel your contract?

Sasuke92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, so I know what phone number to phone and I know what a PAC code is but every 2 years the actual process of cancelling a contract drives me nuts.

My renewal date is 28th August 2019.

What date do I phone up to request my PAC code if I want to finish using my contract up? Is it 28th July 2019 and any date BEFORE or AFTER 28th July, and if it's AFTER, will I be billed for September 2019 instead since it's less than 30 days notification?

And what exact date would I use my PAC code so I don't get billed from my current contract?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

My understanding is that there will be termination fees if applicable but the network has to inform you about this on the return text. 

That’s my understanding too

Message 11 of 13

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Of course. You will still be charged to the end of the contract but they can no longer force an additional 30 days notice after that.

Think OFCOM could have worded the new regulations a little better. They say you cant be charged a 30 day notice period anymore. The grey area comes in when you request a PAC 30 days before the end of the contract and use it right away.

Networks will probably (rightly) charge for the remainder of the contract. Guarantee we will see a ton of posts from people in the above situation who think they’ve been charged a notice period rather than the remainder of the contract

Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I agree about the wording and yes, guaranteed that people will be asking questions. 

Message 13 of 13