Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When the Device plan final payment is made

zippy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Amazingly, though I've doen a search, I can't find the answer to this simple question:

My device plan 24 month contract ends next month.

If I do nothing, will the device plan contract automatically terminate and no more money taken from my bank account ?

I have recently heard it said on TV that mobile phone companies just keep on charging you if you don't tell them to end the contract, even though it's theoretically ended.

thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Cleoriff is referring to the airtime which will continue after the device is paid off, but the device plan is a credit agreement which stops automatically 100% true.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
With O2 the device payments stop automatically and you only pay the airtime part of your bill.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

To make sure it's finished completely (if that's what you want) then give 30 days notice to cancel the airtime and when your last payment has been taken, you are free to do what you like..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @zippy1, did the replies above answer your question? How are you getting on with this?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

zippy1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The 2 replies are kind of contradictory - first says yes the device plan conract will stop automatically, the second suggests I should manually cancel it.

I'm assuming the first is right as the contract has a definite end date.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Cleoriff is referring to the airtime which will continue after the device is paid off, but the device plan is a credit agreement which stops automatically 100% true.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@zippy1The part about the airtime continuing after the device is paid off, is in the link above (posted by @MI5)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

zippy1
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Understood, thanks

Message 8 of 8