cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When am I going to receive my Pixel 9 Pro XL?

Penny93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded last thursday using switch up & the order still says processing and I have not received a dispatch email, despite the expected delivery date being tomorrow(22nd). However, on the actual order it says they have already sent the item, but alas, still no email. What should I expect?

image (1).png

Message 1 of 213
212 REPLIES 212

Confused0511
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Latest update: Had a call from the complaints department. Here’s what I found out…

1. It’s a labelling issue. The label is required to correctly issue the phone to the correct store.

2. All updates that we’re receiving (as in texts/any emails) are automated and not account specific.

3. They have no idea when the labelling issue will be resolved.

4. They have no idea when we will actually receive our devices. It was suggested that it will hopefully be no more than 2 weeks, but that was still not able to be guaranteed and from what they said, I’d expect it to go beyond that.

5. All orders went into ‘processing’ which is the first step before labelling despite knowing the issue at hand i.e. surely no phones should have progressed beyond this point knowing that they couldn’t fulfil the next step? Yet they have.

6. While they cannot cancel the orders, I was advised that I could go to my bank, request a refund and that would void the order as the payment is part of the contract.

So basically, the devices are nowhere to be seen and o2 themselves can’t tell us where they are or when we’ll actually have them.

For reference, my order is a Pixel 9, pre-ordered on 17.08.24, click and collect into store.

Message 41 of 213

BarryBiscuitBoy
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looks like I’m off to the bank to cancel then. What an absolute joke O2 are. Who starts the warehouse change before a major launch? It’s not like it’s a new range of Motorola V220s were being launched that nobody cares about.

Message 42 of 213

Cleoriff
  • 125766 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

A labelling issue? Well, that's a new one on me!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 213

DMaidment
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

"We messed up but we can't cancel your order for you" 

Bit of a joke really.

EDIT: Just ordered the phone from somewhere else... Is a disappointment I have to but waiting for "Hopefully no more than 2 weeks" doesn't work for me

Message 44 of 213

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9098 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Confused0511 wrote:

6. While they cannot cancel the orders, I was advised that I could go to my bank, request a refund and that would void the order as the payment is part of the contract.

If you follow that advice @Confused0511 - or if you cancel via your bank @BarryBiscuitBoy - please do keep an eye on your account and any correspondence received from O2.

The latter are adept at perceiving someone to owe money and then selling the debt to a Debt Collection Agency and tainting the customers credit score in the process.  

Message 45 of 213

BarryBiscuitBoy
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great advice, thank you! 

Holding off for now as they’ve offered compensation or head towards a deadlock letter… we’ll see. 

Nightmare just buying a sodding phone

Message 46 of 213

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9098 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Please keep us informed of developments @BarryBiscuitBoy ! 👍

Message 47 of 213

Mikejjava
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What compensation did they offer? Ordered mine on the 14th still awaiting delivery, said it was due on the 22nd and been stuck on processing, was told I would receive an update by the 27th but nothing so far.

Message 48 of 213

BarryBiscuitBoy
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

-

Message 49 of 213

BarryBiscuitBoy
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Total compensation value was equivalent to over a years airtime credited to my account. I’d rather have the phone when they’d promised it, though!! 

Message 50 of 213