Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I upgrade my phone...

KatieB21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone stopped working yesterday and theres no way of getting back into it. I have found a new phone I would like to upgrade to and have it in my basket but want to ask a few questions before I go ahead. 

1. I have logged into my O2 account and have the phone ready to buy, because I cant get into my old phone and use it, will I need to verify anything via my phone number before I purchase?

2. Once I upgrade, do I get to keep my old phone number? And if so, does this happen automatically once I upgrade my phone and go ahead with purchase.

3. And lastly, because I cant get into my old phone, how will I transfer all my contents to my new phone?

I am going from a Google Pixel 2 to a Sony Xperia 10 III

Anyone that can help, will be very much apprecitated. Thank you

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@KatieB21 

You'll need to call o2 as you won't be able to receive the verification text unless you can put your sum in another phone. 
You keep your number automatically and all your content will sync to the new phone when you enter your Google account details. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@KatieB21 

You'll need to call o2 as you won't be able to receive the verification text unless you can put your sum in another phone. 
You keep your number automatically and all your content will sync to the new phone when you enter your Google account details. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

KatieB21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's great. Thank you for your help

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You’re welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KatieB21 Hi, also, if you have any pics stored on your old phone they could be on the phone's internal memory or on the SD Card (If you have one installed) 

Message 5 of 5