cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to expect as an upgrade offer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I know this is probably a 'how long is a piece of string' type question, but just wondering vaguely what I may be offered by way of an upgrade?

Towards the end of a 2 year contract which was originally on a Blackberry Curve, paying £21 per month. Don't mind paying more than that per month now, but hoping not to be offered another cheap Blackberry etc. Reckon I could get an iPhone 5 for under £30 per month? Bearing in mind I don't want to pay anything more than a nominal fee for the handset (i.e £30-£50 pounds) and would want 1GB of data.

Any tips much appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You certainly won't get an iPhone 5 for under £30/month. You might want to look at the Refresh offers. They are the latest from O2. http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

you could upgrade at carphone warehouse, they are advertising iphone5 for £32pm plus £30 upfront on o2.

not sure what possitives/negatives are of upgrading at carphone, but its an option maybe worth mentioning that offer went u phone customer services too.

I dont think o2 do price match/retentions nowdays though.?

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
What about the Sony xperia Sp for 27 quid a month. Unlimited mins and texts plus 1 GB of data. Free phone as well. Hd screen and good specs for the price.
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the advice folks, guess I'll just have to see what I can get.

Wouldn't mind paying £32 a month for iPhone 5, £29.99, 600 mins but I'd want 1GB as 750mb ain't enough.  Hopefully I can blag that.

Re. the Xperia SP, while it looks lovely, I've had an Xperia U for the last 6 months and it's utterly dreadful and it got decent reviews too. Can't be convinced to stick with Android, I'm afraid.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why the move to an iPhone 5?

What do you use your phone for, and what do you hope to use your phone for?

There are better phones out there than the iPhone 5, the Galaxy S4 and the BlackBerry Z10 for starters. A BlackBerry Bold 9900 is better at being an actual phone than an iPhone, and handles email better as well!

But it all depends on what you actually want to do with your phone? Or do you just want an iPhone because every one else does? wink

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Seeing how people spend half the day using smartphones for a variety of reasons, it's important you are happy with your choice given the length of time you may be keeping it.

If you feel more comfortable with the iphone then go for it, hope you get it sorted with the 1GB slight_smile

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Seeing how people spend half the day using smartphones for a variety of reasons, it's important you are happy with your choice given the length of time you may be keeping it.

Exactly the point I was trying to get across, whilst having a wee dig at the "my Android/BlackBerry/Windows phone isnt working, I'm getting an iPhone" culture that we have these days wink

The OP has been using a legacy BlackBerry Curve phone, which is pretty much near the bottom of the smartphone ladder. Therefore unless the OP has a specific reason to choose an iPhone, its always better to decide what the requirements for the phone are and compare all of the possible choices before blindly choosing an iPhone "just because".

Not having a go at anyone...just in one of those moods today! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Different strokes etc - I've had a BB and thought it was rubbish. I've had two Androids and have been disappointed with both.  I had an iPhone 3G (which I also lost) and that was the best phone I'd ever had, so would sooner go for another iPhone before plumping for something else.

I doubt many people would be convinced to go for even one of the new BBs.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats fair enough, if you have used an iPhone in the past and loved it then thats what to go for! You've at least given the competition a try and have made an "educated"(? see comment below) choice on your next phone.

However, I'd also like to point out that you have been using a BlackBerry Curve which is a budget phone, and the new Blackberry Operating system on the BB10 devices is alot faster, sleeker and more efficient than any other smartphone OS I've seen (WebOS excluded). But its up to you if you want to completely ignore the new BlackBerry's because of an experience you had on a budget Blackberry using an old legacy operating system.

Message 10 of 12