cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to expect as an upgrade offer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I know this is probably a 'how long is a piece of string' type question, but just wondering vaguely what I may be offered by way of an upgrade?

Towards the end of a 2 year contract which was originally on a Blackberry Curve, paying £21 per month. Don't mind paying more than that per month now, but hoping not to be offered another cheap Blackberry etc. Reckon I could get an iPhone 5 for under £30 per month? Bearing in mind I don't want to pay anything more than a nominal fee for the handset (i.e £30-£50 pounds) and would want 1GB of data.

Any tips much appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I get what you're saying, the BB I had wasn't even top of the range at the time of buying it; I've looked at reviews of the new BB10 handsets and they aren't that spectacular, Techradar gave the z10 4/5, which isn't bad, but not good enought o make me think about buying one.

BB's app store wasn't great either and can't imagine that it's improved so significantly in the 6 months since I lost my BB.

Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the same argument goes for android, in that the xperia u was one of the cheaper android phones. Whichever operating system you use it makes sense that the experience will be better on a more powerful phone and up to date version of the os ( blackberry 10 and android jelly bean). Certainly my HTC one x+ is in a different league to my old HTC desire s I had previously .
Message 12 of 12