Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do?

Contract
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. I have a question, not really sure what to do. Someone illegally took out 3 contracts on my account and I have to pay monthly on all of them, they were done by someone I don't know and the phones have been taken. I don't know what to do l. I have only proof that I pay for them. Can someone please help me?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Contract you nned to contact customer services immediately and report it as fraud.

They will start an investigation for you and help you resolve the issue. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Contract

Follow the advice above, but I would also report it to the police. It adds substance to this fraudulent activity.

I think @Martin-O2 and @EmilieT would be very interested to hear about this.

More than worrying actually.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Contract You should also report the incident here: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

How long ago did this happen?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

Contract
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well when this situation happened I seemed advice from a family member who had the same situation but he wasn't able to do anything so I paid all these months which was from June 2017.
Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Contract Your family member and you have both been given very bad advice. I doubt that you'll see any of the money back that you've paid for so long, but you must report the fraud to both O2 and the police as soon as you possibly can. You should also check your bank statements to see if there are any unauthorised payments for anything else, and report this to your bank and any credit card companies that you use.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Contract wrote:
Well when this situation happened I seemed advice from a family member who had the same situation but he wasn't able to do anything so I paid all these months which was from June 2017.

Oh dear, you should have come here for advice back then. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You've been paying since last year? Really?  Why on earth did you not seek advice earlier. It's fraud and you also need to get the police involved.

Message 8 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff!

@Contract We can certainly get someone to look into this for you however in the mean time please follow the above advice and report this to both O2 and the police. 

I'll send you a private message so we can talk further. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 10

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

TBH I cannot understand why you havent contacted CS before now.

You have been funding 3 fraudulant accounts since 2017!

Ask yourself, if someone took this money from your bank account directly the first thing you would or should do is report it to your bank? 

As others have said you need to report this to the Police(they will probably ask you why its taken so long to report it).

You also need to report it to C.S. It is unlikley you will get the money back after so long but if you have a crime number from the police it will add credence to your issue.

CS can at least, hopefully, bar the 3 numbers that have been taken out fraudulantly, and look into it to hopefully do something about it.

Message 10 of 10