cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What tariffs qualify for the family discount?

Nixndave
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I added a plan to my account last year and was told I’d get the family discount. However, when I tried to apply it. They said it couldn’t be applied as the tariff didn’t qualify. I’m again wanted to add a new plan. How do I know if the new tariff will qualify? I’ve looked at the terms and conditions of the tariff but it isn’t mentioned?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Nixndave 

Exclusions

Business tariffs, standard tariffs, Apple Watch tariffs and any tariff that already has a discount applied aren’t eligible for this discount.

Eligible contracts must be registered to the same address as the lead account, whether it's in your name or someone else in your family.

and my apologies.

Your all in one does qualify as a lead device, so you can get discount of both your refresh contracts, providing you upgrade it and apply within 28 days.

What if I didn’t get my contract directly through O2?

If you didn’t get your connection directly from us, it won’t be eligible for the Family Plan discount. However it would still qualify as a lead connection.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123288 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Nixndave 

Or there is the Sharer Plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Nixndave 

You must have a refresh tariff either with a phone or a sim only but taken directly with O2 and not a third party.

https://www.o2.co.uk/family-plan

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Nixndave
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I didn’t have a refresh plan at the time. But I added one? So, I now have a refresh plan and an old all in contract. So, if I now add another refresh plan, they’ll then both get the 20% off the air time?
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Nixndave 

No, only on the second refresh.

The first is the lead device and not elligible for discount.

You only get it on additional contracts.

Forget the old all in one as it doesn't qualify for anything.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Nixndave
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thank you. So, the 20% will only be applied to the new new contract. And only if it’s another refresh plan. Nothing in any help guides etc seem to confirm or state what qualifies as a qualifying plan.
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Nixndave 

Yes that's correct and on the family plan link I gave you, it does state they must be on refresh plans.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Nixndave 

Exclusions

Business tariffs, standard tariffs, Apple Watch tariffs and any tariff that already has a discount applied aren’t eligible for this discount.

Eligible contracts must be registered to the same address as the lead account, whether it's in your name or someone else in your family.

and my apologies.

Your all in one does qualify as a lead device, so you can get discount of both your refresh contracts, providing you upgrade it and apply within 28 days.

What if I didn’t get my contract directly through O2?

If you didn’t get your connection directly from us, it won’t be eligible for the Family Plan discount. However it would still qualify as a lead connection.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9