Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Whatโ€™s up with this age restriction?

Hotpain
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Trying to remove this website restriction from my account, although they know Iโ€™m over 18 ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„. How do I remove it?
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Hotpain 

Follow the information set out in this link to have the age restriction removed:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/age-restricted-content-and-age-verification

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Hotpain 

Follow the information set out in this link to have the age restriction removed:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/age-restricted-content-and-age-verification

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Message 2 of 13

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Good info, @Glory1!

BTW, whilst O2 accept AmEx Credit Cards for on-line bill payment (on Contract/Pay-Monthly) , the on-line age verification part of O2 *only* accepts Credit Cards of the Visa or Mastercard varieties... ๐Ÿ™„
Message 3 of 13

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
Good info, @Glory1!

BTW, whilst O2 accept AmEx Credit Cards for on-line bill payment (on Contract/Pay-Monthly) , the on-line age verification part of O2 *only* accepts Credit Cards of the Visa or Mastercard varieties... ๐Ÿ™„

Thanks for that @pgn. Good to know and interesting, as I believe you have to be 18 to get an AmEx card the same as Visa and Mastercard. Doesn't really make sense but then that's O2 upside_down

Message 4 of 13

Foddersin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You can just go to store and have them remove it, some will do without proof some will require official photo identification.
Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Message 5 of 13

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Foddersin wrote:
You can just go to store and have them remove it, some will do without proof some will require official photo identification.

It just gets better and better @Foddersin. Honestly, do they look at you and decide he/she is over 18 and no proof is needed. I might pass that sort of test at my age, I'm clearly over 18 and look it! But I've seen some 15 year old girls with a bit of make-up that look twice their age. Proof should always be required and given. For O2's sake; that's what the rule is for to protect O2. 

Message 6 of 13

Foddersin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Simply saying for example I've been in the same store it was removed once without proof and second time around they required it so better having what might be needed to not waste a journey.
Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Message 7 of 13

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Foddersin wrote:
Simply saying for example I've been in the same store it was removed once without proof and second time around they required it so better having what might be needed to not waste a journey.

I don't doubt what you say @Foddersin  and your 2 experiences. All I was saying is the age restriction shouldn't be removed without proof of identity/age to protect O2 should anything go wrong.

Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I've always found O2 to be pretty strict about it actually.

My grandson and two of his friends, all with O2 and at University, had to provide proof as required in the link given by @Glory1 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Find this a little confusing TBH - you have to be over 18 to take out a contract, so o2 know that you, as the contracted individual, are over 18 already...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 13