Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

What options are available for upgrades?

I'm due an upgrade at the end of the month and was wondering if the prices shown in the o2 shop for 16gb iphone 4s will be the options I have available or will they be better for an upgrade? I'd like the phone on an 18 month tariff £42 a month with 600 mins and medium data it says I'll have to pay £99.99 for the phone is this the same for an upgrade? Would like to know so I've got an idea how much I need to save!

Kudos: 177
Solutions: 181

Re: What options are available for upgrades?

Yes the prices are the same for new and upgrading customers.

Anonymous

So it's not really worth staying with O2 anymore then? If the deals are the same I'd be better off shopping around for a better deal.

Ive been with O2 for years and you always got a better deal when you upgraded. 

Anonymous

The O2 shop has no power to negotiate prices.  The O2 online shop/telesales is the same.  However, if you call Customer Services and ask to speak to Retentions they may be able to offer something better if you're in the last 30 days of your contract.  I say "may", because it depends on what you are asking for them to do.  There is a limit of how far they can go.

Anonymous

I was just hoping to get the fone a little cheaper

Anonymous

I to was looking to upgrade to the iphone 4s, I'm not a big user and the Tesco deal @ £32 was fine but O2 will not even consider matching it, so in approx 20 days Tesco will get my money