cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the right SIM for me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know someone like me who knows so little  and understands even less about mobile phones and tariffs and SIMs etc really ought not to be allowed loose and unaccompanied in this Community.  But here is my question.  I have a Galaxy S3 that I want to keep as a backup for when my own phone is out of action, being charged or whatever.  All I need (i think) is a P&G SIM card that will allow me to send/receive a few texts and make/receive a few voice calls a month.  We are talking fewer than 150 texts and fewer than 20 calls per month so I don't want to have a monthly financial commitment.  In other words I want a SIM that will allow me to top up as and when I need it with any unused balance moving forward to the ensuing month.  Is such a thing available from O2?  If not how do I get my S3 "unlocked" from O2 so that I can try other Networks.   Sorry if this is something I should know already.

Gerry

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
100% agree jonsie wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
All hail GiffGaff

wink

At we've said it could be location based.

Although my O2 signal and 4g are very stable.

Very weird.

Enough said.
Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

It's giffgaff wink tongue

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Next you'll be telling me how to type o2. wink

Lol.
Message 14 of 14