cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is my credit being spent on?!?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm using an iPhone 4s on lay as you go.. My credit is going down and I'm getting alerts saying I've been charged £1 the day for data but I'm always connected to wifi when using it!

Is there a way to see what exactly im being charged for?

I've tried on my O2 but I can't seem to find an itemised section like on my pay monthly account.

Any help would be gratefully received as the pay as you go is set up for a child and her balance is just dropping but she's onky really using iMessage and whatsapp for grandparents!

Thanks!

Danielle.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you do not disable mobile (or cellular) data, you must have a tariff that includes a data allowance.
If bit's only required for iMessage and whatsapp a small 300mb a month will suffice, but much cheaper than £1 per day.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If you do not disable mobile (or cellular) data, you must have a tariff that includes a data allowance.
If bit's only required for iMessage and whatsapp a small 300mb a month will suffice, but much cheaper than £1 per day.

Simple answer....

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone, you've really helped slight_smile

She's only 10 so only uses it in the house really and then it's connected to wifi.

I've turned mobile data off and I'm going to see if I can turn mms off in case when she's using iMessage the emoji is making it be sent as an mms.

Thanks again!
Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks everyone, you've really helped slight_smile

She's only 10 so only uses it in the house really and then it's connected to wifi.

I've turned mobile data off and I'm going to see if I can turn mms off in case when she's using iMessage the emoji is making it be sent as an mms.

Thanks again!

Let us know if that does the trick @Anonymous ...I know all about 10 year olds and mobile phone bills...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm going to see if I can turn mms off in case when she's using iMessage the emoji is making it be sent as an mms.

That's a good idea too but as long as wifi is connected it will just send as an iMessage slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15