cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is NOR?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked my daughter's bill and she has charges which come under the heading of 'Country' as NOR. Can someone please explain to me what NOR is? We were flying most of that day and so she couldn't use her phone. I'm a bit concerned.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Aircraft use the same satellite based systems as ships and other maritime providers.
NOR is indeed Norway and it is where the satellite system in use is based.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I would guess its Norway. where were you flying to?
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like she’s connected to a cruise ship network which would be based in Norway 

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Aircraft use the same satellite based systems as ships and other maritime providers.
NOR is indeed Norway and it is where the satellite system in use is based.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
We were on our way via Dublin to New York! Also I don't know whether the time was local time to UK or USAIf USA we were just signing into our hotel if UK time we were in bed having been up since 4a.m. that morning!
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'd like to know how she got there on her own as she's only 14!! LOL
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I've said to one of the previous replies on looking at the times we were in New York by then and not on the plane so still doesn't make sense.
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Did she use her phone on the flight?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know is the truth of it - certainly not at the times logged on the bill we had landed by then.
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The times are fairly irrelevant as the charges could well be delayed before being added to the bill.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12