cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does one have to do to get O2 to issue a VAT Invoice

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to 02.

I left Vodafone because they were rubbish, the security of my accounts had been compromised on two occasions over the last few years and on both occasions, as far as I can ascertain, it was due to internal security breaches within the company itself.

I moved to O2 because I had a hankering for a smart phone and the iPhone 4S was a good deal at the time, which was in March 2013, so not long ago.

I am a private. domestic customer so the contract's in my name but my company pay's the bill and in order to conform to HMRC rules, despite being a domestic customer, a company from which goods and services are purchased must provide a VAT invoice of acceptable layout within something like 21 days of being asked so to do.

I've asked three times now (in the five months I've been a customer), twice from Customer Services over the 'phone and once via the annoying 'Live Chat' service but so far to no avail and everytime, I get a different excuse and story regarding the difficulty.

I've even threatened to inform HMRC but got nowhere.

Does anyone know how to over come this issue, which is at the end of the day illegal? 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

go on o2 chat & ask them to change your online invoices to VAT, stupid i know, why this cant be done as a default, or a box you can tick i really dont know, you will need to answer security questions about your account, but once its done, takes 5-10 mins, its done, again why they make this so hard i dont know, they produce online invoices that show VAT, then state "this is not a Vat invoice" if they just added the VAT number it would be, i even asked for the VAt num & they couldnt or wouldnt give it to me, its like pulling teeth, arrgh.

Message 31 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Company details inc VAT number here http://www.o2.co.uk/abouto2/company-details
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
go on o2 chat ask for VAT invoicing to be turned on, stupid I know it should be standard or set by ticking a box, but O2 has made it hard for us & them, when u all have chat working overtime they might get the message
Message 33 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Telefónica UK Limited

260 Bath Road

Slough

Berks SL1 4DX

Registered in England Number: 1743099

VAT Registered Number: GB 778 6037 85

Message 34 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have tried the same, they have now turned on VAT on my online account, but wheb u click on it, it just shows the vat eliment & still states that this is not a Vat invoice, it would seem that O2 only consider that business accounts require VAt invoices, not private people that use their phone for selfemployed purposes, they could just replace the bit were it says this is not a vat invoice &  add their Vat num & it would then become a Vat invoice, there is a guy on here how published thier Vat num, if you write this on your downloaded bill it will become an official vat invoice, The HRMC will soon have a go at O2 because i am claiming back the Vat, but have no official Vat invoices coz i cant get them from O2.

Message 35 of 35