cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does one have to do to get O2 to issue a VAT Invoice

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to 02.

I left Vodafone because they were rubbish, the security of my accounts had been compromised on two occasions over the last few years and on both occasions, as far as I can ascertain, it was due to internal security breaches within the company itself.

I moved to O2 because I had a hankering for a smart phone and the iPhone 4S was a good deal at the time, which was in March 2013, so not long ago.

I am a private. domestic customer so the contract's in my name but my company pay's the bill and in order to conform to HMRC rules, despite being a domestic customer, a company from which goods and services are purchased must provide a VAT invoice of acceptable layout within something like 21 days of being asked so to do.

I've asked three times now (in the five months I've been a customer), twice from Customer Services over the 'phone and once via the annoying 'Live Chat' service but so far to no avail and everytime, I get a different excuse and story regarding the difficulty.

I've even threatened to inform HMRC but got nowhere.

Does anyone know how to over come this issue, which is at the end of the day illegal? 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't see any VAT information like you see UNLESS you ARE registered with O2 for VAT invoices - the problem is getting them to do this - you have to phone!!!!!!?? 

So if you can see VAT number and a proper breakdown then sometime in the past this was set up on the account - it's not a default provision

Exactly!!!

Rather than telling us to go back and check the original post, why not tell us exactly what you have asked Customer Services to do for you on the phone! Have you ever asked to have VAT invoicing enabled on your account in the same way that jonsie has?

Jonsie, how did you get this enabled on your account, so that the OP can do the same?

Message 21 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

In my case I phoned O2 and asked them to enable it on my account and it was done in time for my next invoice.

Quite straightforward really.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone'd bothered to read my original post, I stated 'I've asked three times now (in the five months I've been a customer), twice from Customer Services over the 'phone and once via the annoying 'Live Chat' service but so far to no avail and everytime, I get a different excuse and story regarding the difficulty.'

Logically, given the subject line of the original post and the information reiterated above, you'd have thought that I would have ask them to provide me with a VAT invoice on an on-going basis but given that I was caught unawares, I actually asked them if I'd 1. Be better off repeating myself time and again on this forum regarding the subject matter? or 2. Would I simply be better-off boiling my head?

Make up your own minds, I'm done with this nonsense.

Message 23 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

A change of attitude would be appreciated. We are trying to help you, as fellow customers, taking time out of our day. What we don't need is condescending posts like yours. 

To try and make it clearer, I took it from your original post that you ha e repeatedly asked customer services for a VAT invoice. We are suggesting you ask Customer Services to enable VAT invoicing on your account in the same way that perksie and jonsie have done. 

Have you actually asked customer services to enable it on your account? It's a simple question, do not refer me back to your original post as it isn't clear if you have or not.

Chiara, is this something you could help with?

Message 24 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have today tried twice to get proper vAT invoices for my account. I have asked very nicely how can I get vat invoices on line in "MyO2", the first time I was told it was not possible, the second time I was told it is possible and given instructions. It didnt work so I am awaiting emailed instructions. Why do you have to ask for it in the first place? Surely it would be better to put it there by default. My local pay and display carpark has the vat number on its tickets, and that is just for a few pounds. It is quite frustrating.

Message 25 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Not many personal customers require a VAT invoice, I guess, so they don't do it by default.
You do have to have it set up by CS though then you can download it each month from "My O2".
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You should be able to order them here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 27 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I could be wrong but as it's a credit agreement I think it's exempt from VAT

http://iab.angiestuff.com/IAB%20L1%20Comp/Documents/L4%20VAT%20Cheat%20Sheet.pdf

Message 28 of 35

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

re no vat on credit it only applies to interest and charges but the purchase price (goods) are subject to vat I am sure HMRC will confirm that

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 29 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

This might be clearer...I think from O2's point of view they are providing the credit on the handset so that would make it exempt from VAT. Might be worth double checking with HMRC.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/reclaiming/partial-exemption.htm

Message 30 of 35