cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does one have to do to get O2 to issue a VAT Invoice

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to 02.

I left Vodafone because they were rubbish, the security of my accounts had been compromised on two occasions over the last few years and on both occasions, as far as I can ascertain, it was due to internal security breaches within the company itself.

I moved to O2 because I had a hankering for a smart phone and the iPhone 4S was a good deal at the time, which was in March 2013, so not long ago.

I am a private. domestic customer so the contract's in my name but my company pay's the bill and in order to conform to HMRC rules, despite being a domestic customer, a company from which goods and services are purchased must provide a VAT invoice of acceptable layout within something like 21 days of being asked so to do.

I've asked three times now (in the five months I've been a customer), twice from Customer Services over the 'phone and once via the annoying 'Live Chat' service but so far to no avail and everytime, I get a different excuse and story regarding the difficulty.

I've even threatened to inform HMRC but got nowhere.

Does anyone know how to over come this issue, which is at the end of the day illegal? 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

The VAT number's missing

Message 11 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please see my original post.
Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your illustration does not show the VAT number, so I'll have to take your word for it but my bill does not show o2's or Telefonica's VAT number so I'm stuffed.

Message 13 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Your illustration does not show the VAT number, so I'll have to take your word for it but my bill does not show o2's or Telefonica's VAT number so I'm stuffed.

Sorry the bit at the bottom was cut off on the screenshot, it continues down to show:

Registered office Telefónica UK Limited
260 Bath Road
Slough
Berks SL1 4DX
Registered in England Number: 1743099
VAT Registered Number: GB 778 6037 85

Message 14 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lucky you!

This is what I need but my bill, which I have to download as they forced me to go paperless when I opened the account, doesn't show this information.

Oh how I envy you!!!
Message 15 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you called Customer Services and asked them to enable VAT Invoicing on your My O2 online account?

Message 16 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think the OP is too busy posting all the pages from the HMRC Vat site! wink

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I indicated previously, read my original posting
Message 18 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be interesting to read your comments pertaining to the justification for sarcasm in this instance, I might learn something.
Message 19 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't see any VAT information like you see UNLESS you ARE registered with O2 for VAT invoices - the problem is getting them to do this - you have to phone!!!!!!?? 

So if you can see VAT number and a proper breakdown then sometime in the past this was set up on the account - it's not a default provision

Message 20 of 35