cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are o2 doing to existing customers? Can anyone check I haven't gone mad?

DAVINCI
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Guys

The wife has been with o2 over 20 years.

I understand there is so much competition now but can anyone help me unpick this?

Wife was on an iPhone x and sim contract which Finished months ago so looking at our bills.

Anyway want to change her current £32 a month (15gb) to a sim only deal and keep number as part of that still for the device that has been paid off.

On all the comparison sites including 02 20gb sim deal is £8 a month. Let's say most are around £10 - Yet within the site and app under my wife's log in they will only offer 25gb for £31! Or 4gn for £20!!

Wot the actual deuces. Is that how they treat existing customers now? Do we really have to cancel, get puc code and get a new o2 contract (by that point we will leave) or can they adjust on the phone closer to reality? We are out of contract.

Seemed designed to fleece the elderly or lazy or am I missing something. 5g and jnlimited same before and now so cannot see any difference or add ons?

Thank you for reading. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@DAVINCI 

That is because the likes of uswitch are paid a commission and pay to do a deal with o2, as these comparison sites love their affiliate payments to push a network, so the price is cheaper..

You dont need a PAC code, just take out a new contract via the comparision site and the follow this guide to move your number to the new contract.  Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149370 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@DAVINCI 

You need to follow the upgrade path in her MyO2, not the tariff change.

upgrade now.PNG

Follow the link and then choose to upgrade to a sim only.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@DAVINCI 

That is because the likes of uswitch are paid a commission and pay to do a deal with o2, as these comparison sites love their affiliate payments to push a network, so the price is cheaper..

You dont need a PAC code, just take out a new contract via the comparision site and the follow this guide to move your number to the new contract.  Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 3