Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a joke 02 is.....

Ben339
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, 02 have sent me a phone and sim contract which I didn't order, I only phoned up to enquire, I havent signed for anything. My problem is I dont want it to effect my credit score, as there asking for £35 a month.

I've now tried everything to have this collected and cancelled as its in my name, god knows how.

2 weeks of calling everyday, 2 complaint emails, and 2 on the phone complaints, 1 visit to a shop and chatting through FB messages. And still no one can sort this mess out. The phone and sim are still live according to the agents I speak too.

Where do I go from here? As I have ne clue where or who to contact.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@Ben339 

Sounds like you have been a victim of fraud, someone using your identity to order from o2.. 

Have a look at this guide here Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

Also you need to call o2 on 0344 809 0202 and speak to them... 

Also report it to Action Fraud at https://actionfraud.police.uk 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@Ben339 

Sounds like you have been a victim of fraud, someone using your identity to order from o2.. 

Have a look at this guide here Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

Also you need to call o2 on 0344 809 0202 and speak to them... 

Also report it to Action Fraud at https://actionfraud.police.uk 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I would look into filing a complaint with an ombudsman who are independent. These unpaid contracts will blacken your credit file if not addressed.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Ben339 

Have you made any progress on this yet ? 

I am not sure that this is a scam if it was you who contacted O2. How did you source the number ? Are you satisfied that it was O2 that you contacted and not someone impersonating O2 ? 

You say that you have complained to O2 but, unfortunately, it is currently taking O2 about eight weeks to investigate complaints and issue a response thereto. I also believe that you have to wait eight weeks before you go to the Ombudsman. This is covered in :-

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?

If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer.

O2 work with two Ombudsman service providers, depending on what your complaint is about. When you speak with our complaints team, we’ll make sure that if you remain unhappy you’re provided with a final position letter, which will detail what we’ve done and advise you which Ombudsman you should contact

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 4 of 4