cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird number/PAC shuffle - possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I've got a contract with O2, had the same number for years.

I'm now going to switch to Three, so want to take my phone number over there.  Easy enough, just get a PAC and away we go.

I'd actually like to keep my O2 contract running though, and have my wife use it.  Is this possible, and would I then be able to transfer her current PAYG O2 number onto my old O2 contract?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
But you are moving your number to another network...

Any "loyalty" discounts and benefits you have received or are entitled to are linked to your mobile number, if the number is no longer with O2 then there is no way to continue to benefit from them.

These days new and existing customers are treated equally, so there would be no harm in picking up a new number for your Wife.

Does that clear things up at all slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi there elylv.

No this is not possible.

When your new provider accepts the PAC then your existing contract ceases to exist.

Even the alternative of moving it to Pay & Go would have the same outcome.

Are you on one of those fantastic legacy tariffs with unlimited data or O2 calls? You could always look at getting your Wife a SIM only contract.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've no idea what contract I've got... certainly not unlimited data anyway!

I just think that for the sake of being a customer for over 10 years, I'd quite like to keep the contract running so I could get any further upgrade discounts in the future.

Message 3 of 5

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
But you are moving your number to another network...

Any "loyalty" discounts and benefits you have received or are entitled to are linked to your mobile number, if the number is no longer with O2 then there is no way to continue to benefit from them.

These days new and existing customers are treated equally, so there would be no harm in picking up a new number for your Wife.

Does that clear things up at all slight_smile
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Loyalty doesn't mean anything anymore so you wouldn't get any discounts even if you stayed on that tariff

Message 5 of 5