cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird HOOVER Hair Drier Sounds during ANY call PLEASE HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

At random when I make or receive calls daily, I randomly hear some weird strange feedback like sounds that sound like a HOOVER/ Hairdryer. This is now a daily occurrence and I am forced to terminate my calls and left with no other option than to keep trying again. This only tends to happen in my local area of Croydon and surrounding towns and villages. It's getting a tad embarrassing though as now getting negative feedback from my GiffGaff recruits. Luckily I have Libon and I managed to get a copy of the call emailed to me in MP3 format so I will try and upload it to a FREE file sharing website like YouTube etc....

I have managed to retrieve the recording of this sound and I have uploaded it to my Google Drive. Here is an MP3 recording of an VOICEMAIL left on my answerphone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6jn-LExXhtONVdaSmU0dEM0dk0/edit?usp=sharing

(UPDATE:smileyhappy:
Here is a link to a video I uploaded on to YouTube to make it more uinversaly friendly.
http://youtu.be/tirMbHR0BoI

Hopefully this will now BAFFLE you like it DOES me.
What do I now need to do next please advise

Cheers

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I once tried out a little experiment with support from the giffgaff forum.

I resurrected a thread over one year old which was someone saying hi as they were new.

I said hi and welcome to the forum.

Last I checked their was 20+ posts after mine saying Hi

wink
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok we are getting somewhere.....

GiffGaff
Senior Support Community Manager has agreed with my conclusion that o2 have a faulty mast and requires o2 to investigate

Hooooraaaah!!!!😃

Re: Weird Hoover hair dryer sounds
Options
on ‎03-09-2014 11:48
Morning all, and @Anonymous

Brendadianne was kind enough to flag this as a potential service issue so I've had a quick look into it for you. I think that the conclusion that you've come to in this thread is correct, it does sound like a damaged mast, but because the symptoms are not ones that we've encountered before our incident team is going to talk to the service managers at O2 and see what else they can find out.

The usual way to report a damaged mast is to contact our agents, who take up to 24 hours to reply, so that they can forward problems through to O2. I can see that you already have, so if any family and friends have the same problem on giffgaff it will be worth getting them to report it too so that we can get a more accurate idea of the scope of the problem. It does look like a mast problem, but I don't have the expertise to say for sure, so at this point the more info we get the better.

Here's the best link to contact the agents about this - https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/call

If this does turn out to be a mast problem then the best way to keep an eye on it is through our signal checker. If you have any questions then let me know, I'll keep an eye on this thread, or just @ mention me.

All the best,

Will
Community Manager - Chief Tea Drinker and Quizmaster
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contacted O2 support they contacted signal team, who are going to look into us. Now awaiting updates will contact back soon for an update. Thanks
Message 13 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23191 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
giffgaffs problem is their reward system - People write any old rubbish just to get a payback every month...

That sounds familiar. GiffGaff doesn't have sole rights to that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
VastGsm said "Contacted O2 support they contacted signal team, who are going to look into us. Now awaiting updates will contact back soon for an update. Thanks"

Hope all goes ok for you.

Message 15 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23191 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

I rest my case.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've seen some users say their leaving the forum because of that MI5, but sometimes even they come back to the forum.
Message 17 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144903 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I've seen some users say their leaving the forum because of that MI5, but sometimes even they come back to the forum.

They'll never leave - Others posting tripe just encourages others to do the same....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 18