cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website shows 15GB remaining, but using O2 data redirects to an out of data page

Anonymous
Not applicable

My partner barely uses their phone. They have a 15GB plan. They have a web redirect page from O2 saying there is no data on their account. The website shows there are 14.82GB remaining. Last month they used 150MB, the months before 350MB, 490MB, 639MB, 228MB.

For whatever reason there are no support chat options that I can find on the O2 site.

When I call I am unable to get past robo-redirector. Not a good customer experience.

There's no information saying there's an outage or issue.

Network issue?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous 

You can check if anything is reported here O2 Service Status

If not, report it through the MyNetwork app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Have you checked the remaining data in your MyO2 ?

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

It's almost impossible to get through to customer service currently due to the current situation but all we can suggest is that you keep trying Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that says 14.82GB.

Message 3 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Have you tried turning the phone off and on again?
They are not connected to a WiFi network that is not working?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Where are you seeing this redirected page and when doing what?

Is it for all web pages?

Is data turned on in the phone settings?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

The page showing no data is an O2 page, generated on O2's side, not the phone.

The phone shows 70MB of data used since 15th March.

There are no issues with wifi or other networks here. Wifi is backed by uncapped FTTP.

I've just called O2 on a different handset and after 15minutes get through to someone who conveniently cannot here my voice and then hangs up.

Suspect there's some kind of localized failure with O2's network right now.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous 

You can check if anything is reported here O2 Service Status

If not, report it through the MyNetwork app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. That page shows a mast down. Interesting that there's even a redirect page at all in this case.

From another handset on the same plan in the same location, there's 2.93Mb/s down and 0.26Mb/s up.

I've tried calling 4 times, only once able to get through the braindead robo-menus and was then promptly cut-off. Two attempts on landline. A concerted effort not to be helpful on the O2 front.

Also interesting is that the status page shows "My Network" as a beta service. Can't register because it doesn't recognize '+' as a valid email address character. Someone has not read RFC2822.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Customer service is stretched at the moment I'm afraid.

If you want to try calling, around 8.00am would be best to catch them before the rush.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9