cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Daily Europe: check usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have he Web daily europe bolt on enabled, and I'm leaving to Denmark tomorrow.

Is there any way to check the amount of data I've used for the day? I know I can check my iphone, but often the data usage on the iphone and the o2 system doesn't match.

thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I do think regardless what you use, as it is in another country, it can take a while for the allowances to update. I recommend you downloading an app or resetting your phones data counter.

Hope this helps,
Pete 

Message 2 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I would advise you to reset your data counter on your app each night and check it when you are using it When I was abroad in Spain there was no where I could check it other than the reset. Not sure if you would be charged if you go over by a mb or so Be nice to know if any other people have used the web Europe and if they were charged by going over? Daz
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

from the faq http://www.o2international.co.uk/usingdataabroad/PayMonthly.aspx

"You will get a warning message. If you go over again, you will be moved up automatically to a higher priced service: £5 per day for 50 MB per day."

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've used an app called My Data Manager in the past which has been fairly accurate though unfortunately nothing is ever 100% I've found. It's best to use one of the apps as a guide though.

As for "You will get a warning message. If you go over again, you will be moved up automatically to a higher priced service: £5 per day for 50 MB per day." in the terms. O2 will warn you but they send the warning the following day. I asked o2 why I didn't recieve a warning when I'd reached my limit and it was something to do with my usage not coming through from the French network immediately so it couldn't be done which is why I had to monitor my own data use.

So just a heads up, the warnings o2 will send come the following day.

Jazz

Message 5 of 5