Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Web Bolt on Information

Hi everyone

First post on these forums. Looking for some information if someone can help. I have a web bolt on with my contract and I have set up my phone and macbook that I can access the internet on my macbook through my phone. I'm just wanting to check to see if this will be included with my bolt on or if o2 would charge me for this service?

Colin
Anonymous

Web Bolt on Information

To add to Sheepdog's reply the only way you can (within 02's T&C's) use your phone as a modem, is if you have the Web Max bolt-on.

That's nearly £30 a month, though.

SV
Anonymous

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your replies. If I do use it to connect my laptop to the internet it would be very occasionallyfor basic things, so hopefully would be ok.

Cheers
Anonymous

Web Bolt on Information

As long as you don't start downloading movies I don't think there'll be a problem. Smiley Happy

Having said that, it is against the "rules" so you do it at your own risk.

I think the reason they don't allow it is because they have either the Web Max bolt-on or a mobile internet dongle for folk who want to use laptops for accessing the web - this makes them more cash of course and the latter is much faster and more stable (probably, I haven't tried it).

SV
Anonymous

Web Bolt on Information

I had a look at those but the amount I would be using it just wouldn't justify them.

I was sure if they would be able to tell if it was my computer on handset veing the pages as I usually view normal pages and check my email on my phone. I have a HTC Tytn II.
Anonymous

Web Bolt on Information

It has been mentioned before (in these forums) that O2 have no way of knowing whether you are browsing from your mobile or from a computer other than the amount of data you use. This may or may not be true (they may identify the browser you are using, and therefore know if it's a mobile phone browser or a computer browser), but nowadays it doesn't make much difference anyway. Many mobile phones can now display full web pages, not just mobile-formatted abridged ones, so there would be absolutely no difference in data usage whether you are browsing from a mobile or from a computer.

Also O2 never seem to advertise this Web Max bolt-on (not publicly anyway Smiley Very Happy ), so they shouldn't really expect people to differentiate and know that they need it, i.e. they shouldn't be making much out of it as things stand.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Web Bolt on Information

i got a Simplicity yesterday on the £20, 600mins (free bolt on was Unl Txts). I also added on the Unl Data.

Just called 202 to ask and the guy from CS told me the fair use is 3GB for a month on this Bolt On