Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water-damaged phone

Rimesman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Help.  My Nokia 5 fell in a water trough (only for about 5 seconds).  I've since received and opened a text message, but now the phone is activating on its own accord, flicking through its functions willy-nilly, but I can't get the controls to respond to what I want to do.  I've somehow managed to switch it off, but what can I do now?  There is a sort of tide-mark in one corner of the screen, so I suppose there's water inside the case.  I think it's a sealed unit, so I don't think I can open it to dry it out.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

It is a sealed unit so I wouldnt recommend trying to open it. Your handset will most probably be water damaged and will probably need replacing.

Did you purchase insurance with the phone? Or have mobile phone insurance through your bank?

You could also try a mobile phone repair shop if the answer is no to both above. O2 may be able to send it to their repair centre however it is highly unlikely that it can be repaired.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144291 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27658 Solutions

@Rimesman 

Put it in a bag of rice in a warm place for a week.

If it don't work after that, bin it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3