Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Repair charge port

Darren4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a 7 month old S20 Ultra and I'm unable to plug a cable into the Charge Port to charge the phone properly, is this repairable and would it be covered under warranty due to it being only 7 months old and how / who can I contact at O2 about it as the site just sends me round in loops and I can only post this question here.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23126 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Darren4 Do you have insurance on the phone? Your problem should be covered under warranty, unless it's something you did to damage the port. Check to see if there's any fluff or lint and try to remove it. If nothing helps, best thing to do is contact Samsung support directly: 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23126 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Darren4 Do you have insurance on the phone? Your problem should be covered under warranty, unless it's something you did to damage the port. Check to see if there's any fluff or lint and try to remove it. If nothing helps, best thing to do is contact Samsung support directly: 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Madtyke61
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 sold you the phone so the warranty is with them, it is not up to the purchaser to pursue a warranty within the first 12 months. I have the same problem on my S20 5G which is only 6 months old and has stopped connecting to the charger. It either tells me there is moisture in the cable/port or that the charger isn't connecting correctly. May I suggest that O2 have sold a batch of faulty phones and are trying to get out of their responsibilities under the Sale of Goods Act.

As for O2 I have been a customer for over 20 years and your lack of Customer Service on your Website is appalling.

Message 3 of 3