cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to change my contact name

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I was under 16 my mum took a phone contact out for me under her name and I’m now 19 and don’t live at home and want it under my own name to build my credit score. My mum travels a lot and isn’t alway in the country, dose she need to be there when I change it over to my name?
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can only change to your name when your contract is due for upgrade or renewal.
It isn't possible to just change the name mid term unfortunately.
This is because you need to pass the credit and identity checks which can only be done with a new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can only change to your name when your contract is due for upgrade or renewal.
It isn't possible to just change the name mid term unfortunately.
This is because you need to pass the credit and identity checks which can only be done with a new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2