cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted to join your network, but now I'm angry!!

Bri2006
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wanted to join your network again, after many years because I felt you had the best deals but after trying to contact you and being put on hold for over 40 minutes and ended not getting through on the phone number advertised on your website 8442020202 I was horrified to find out that I was charged £25.72 for this call, I'm angry disappointed and feel that I've been conned in trying to join your network, my trust to you has already been broken!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Bri2006 

Lots of free phone numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Bri2006
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is not the point, you have a number on your website which con you out of money!!

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23074 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions
@Bri2006 This is a customer community. No one here provided any numbers anywhere. If you have a complaint, call any of the numbers in the link above.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

It could all have been online easy enough @Bri2006 

Sorry you have been charged so much

Just wish you had come here first.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144343 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I fail to see how it's a con?
You should be aware of what you are charged to call all numbers on your tariff. If you don't check first, you can hardly blame someone else for your own mistakes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Bri2006
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Really that’s your answer, o2 puts an phone number on there website, that overcharges you to intice people to use customer support, think about it!! You are defending this!!??? Really!!!
Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
Why not take this up with your current provider, who charge upwards of 30p per minute to call a 0844 number.

0844 numbers have never been free either...

AS others have said its your responsibility to check your current tariff for call charges same as you should always reads the T&C's ... Take it as a lesson learned and move on...

A little tip for future use a website such as saynotto0870.com to find free phone number alternatives...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 8