Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to upgrade with Tesco but stay with O2

BobC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I updated my sim only contract 3 weeks ago from a phone call and was told I was eligible for an upgrade any time. The cheapest offers are with Tesco but I’ve been told that even though the contract is still with O2, I can’t do this as I have to upgrade through the O2 shop, and my 2 week cooling period has just ended. The only address I’ve been given to complain to is a snail mail one, and been told there is no person I can physically talk to about this. 

The bottom line is, is that I’m not very happy about this. Do I have any options or am I stuck with having to get an upgrade through o2 itself, even though the Tesco deals are still with O2? If that’s the case, then I won’t be bothered upgrading at all, and will look to moving away from O2 at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, you can only upgrade for free by going through o2 directly.
If you want to move to Tesco you will need to pay off you full 12 months.
Tesco only uses the o2 network and is not part of O2 unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, you can only upgrade for free by going through o2 directly.
If you want to move to Tesco you will need to pay off you full 12 months.
Tesco only uses the o2 network and is not part of O2 unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the forum @BobC Wave I hope you find the information above helpful, but please do let us know how you're getting on with this upgrade. Which device were you thinking of getting?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3